1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

90 K 1500 headliner

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by SCFALL, Apr 30, 2003.

SCFALL Member

Anyone know were I can get a headliner for my 1990 K1500 and do they make anything different than the stock (saggy) cloth. Thanks Scott
  2. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

JCWhitney sells Headliber kits, but they are nearly $100, there might be cheaper alternatives, but I havent found any.

3. speedracer241

speedracer241 Senior Member

Check around for an upholstery shop. We have a guy here that will make a headliner for a truck for like $50.00.

Good luck,
    Mark K
  4. wyldman

wyldman Member

You can also redo it yourself.Find some matching material of your liking at a fabric shop.Take the old headliner assy out,and remove the old cloth and scrape off any loose foam.Spray with contact cement and apply the new cloth.Work from the center out,and tuck in the corners.If you take your time it should look as good as new.

SCFALL Member

Thanks Guys I looked at the JC Whitney kit but didn't like it. Looks like I'll have to visit an upholstery shop. Scott
  6. DrMaserati

DrMaserati Junior Member

Take a look at these. They're great, but a little spendy. They're rigid and will never sag.
    Their online catalog doesn't list them for a 1990, but it is listed in their print catalog, item #74300 303. It even comes with speakers and a dome light.

A friend of mine had one of these in a Ford pickup a few years ago, and it was by far the best headliner I have ever seen.