1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

90 chev 3/4 no 4 wheel

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by jls lawnandsnow, Jan 15, 2005.

1. jls lawnandsnow

jls lawnandsnow Junior Member

yesterday i just got done plowing a parking lot and was on my way to another i when i turned i forgot i had it in 4 wheel. so i put in neutral and push it to 2 wheel high. then i got to the next lot put it backin four wheel and nothing no light no 4 wheel tonight i check the light bulb and there no power to it i also check on the front axel were there 2 plugs and they have power. any suggestions need help

2. SCSIndust

SCSIndust Senior Member

Has it been slow to engage lately? Your 4wd actuator may be going bad. If you have power going to the actuator, then it is prob bad. If you don't know where it is, look on the front of the front axle, and there will be 2 wires coming out of a funny looking bump. The actuator screws into it.

3. jls lawnandsnow

it goes into 4 low and rev the motor but you can step on the gas and do a burn out so do you think that the actuator is bad what ways it there to test my problem

4. SCSIndust

SCSIndust Senior Member

take the actuator out, and hook it up to the battery and see how long it takes to pop out. It shouldn't take any longer than 10 sec. It reallys does sound like it is a bad actuator.

5. jls lawnandsnow

are they hard to take out and also there is 2 sets of wires going into it unless im looking in the wrong spot thanks

6. SCSIndust

SCSIndust Senior Member

I am going to take a guess and say that one set of wires goes to the actuator, and the other set goes to the switch that makes the lights go on that tell you when the 4wd is engaged. And no, it isn't hard to take out. Just unscrew it, and pull it out.