1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

'90 Bronco w/ Sno-Way - Price??

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by RippinFusion, Mar 22, 2007.

1. RippinFusion

RippinFusion Junior Member

I have a line on a 1990 Bronco XLT with 45,000 original miles and a Sno-Way plow. The plow is the old orange frame and plexi and does not have a light bar. The only rust on the truck is a small section at the bottom of the tailgate approx. 1"x 3". Comes with PW, PDL, push button 4x4, remote start, 6-disc changes and factory radio and tires are newer.

What do you think it is worth? Thanks for the advice!!
  2. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

Look at it real good. If it's been a plow truck most of it's life it will have a boat load of stuff rusted out or soon to be. Brake & Tranny lines, fuel pump cradle, splash shields, floor pans,tail gate.
  3. RippinFusion

RippinFusion Junior Member

I am guessing it was not used as a plow rig that much. The guy who owns it bought it from someone else, though I don't know how long ago, and says he is only selling due to buying a new truck.

What do you think about price?

He is asking $4400.00 currently down from $4700 a few weeks ago. I don't know much about these plows, anything I should be aware of?

4. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Nice looking set-up. That's not that old of a plow. Looks like the frame was just painted a different color. $4400sounds way too high to me. Personally I wouldn't go over $3000
  5. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

That's a pretty old control box.
  6. dodgeguy99

dodgeguy99 Senior Member
    from mn

i wouldnt pay anything over $3500 for it
  7. AbsoluteH&L

AbsoluteH&L Senior Member

That is one of the older style plows. I had one like that years ago, mine never looked that good though. It does like nice, truck & plow both. It's your money & you got a better look than us. See if you can beat em up a little more on the price.
  8. MickiRig1

That truck looks like it's in great shape!
    I would love to find a big Bronco in that good of a shape!
    In Ohio they tend to have rust on all the downward edges.
    Most of the tail gates are near rusted out.
    Look it up in "Kelly Blue Book"( on the INTERNET ) and see what it's worth.
    Add about $2,800 ? for the plow setup.
    You may have to upgrade the charging to get it where it needs to be to plow without headaches.Most of them came through with a 60 amp system. It's a good 40 amps under what you need. Don't be afraid to ask questions we are here for you.
  9. stangman35

stangman35 Senior Member

Id say offer $4,000 for it,even at 4,400 I think you are getting a pretty nice truck.If the miles are actual and as clean as the truck is Id buy it.
    I just gave $4,200 for my plow a couple months ago and I didnt even get a free truck with it.

Looks like someone took care of it,jump on it.
  10. MickiRig1

After looking at the pictures again that is a nice shape truck.
    It would even be a nice daily driver and keep it in reserve for a plow truck.
    You can get almost all the parts you need to keep it on the road at any parts store.
    If you buy it make sure the charging system like I said above, can handle a plow draw.
    If it has auto hubs you need to change to manual hubs. The lights are fairly cheap if you search " Snow Plow Parts ". You may have to Fab a mounting for them. Hopefully the wiring is there for the lights. Some sets come with the whole setup. Like I said search the INTERNET. The parts are out there. Just ask if you buy, it we can help you out!