1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

90 2wd 3500

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by MSC, Oct 25, 2003.

1. MSC

MSC Member

I am in the process of putting a 9' Pathfinder on this truck.
    I have ordered a new set of front coils, shocks, and was wondering if there was anything else that I should be looking for.
    The truck is a 90 2wd, 3500, 9' dump, dual wheels, 5.7, manual trans.
    Thanks in advance.
    Rich:D

2. John DiMartino

John DiMartino PlowSite.com Veteran

Maybe as set of chains,and a a strap so someone can pull you out when you get stuck.Sooner or later you'll drop a front wheel off an edge ,or sink it in soft ground,and you wont be able to get out. Also make sure the front end of the truck is in good shape,as far as idler arm,ball joints,pitman arm,etc while you got it apart replacing the springs.

3. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

In addition to that, I'd be looking for some lead weights or at least some kind of weight for the rear. I don't think 1500# would be overkill, the more weight you have over the rear, the better off you are.

4. EZSnow

EZSnow Senior Member

how 'bout a transfer case and a new front axle?:D

kidding, I'm kidding! ya gotta run what ya brung... good luck!

5. MSC

MSC Member

Thanks for the replies. The truck has a dump body on it, and it will have at least 3/4 of a load in it. I do also have a 97 Dodge Ram 2500 diesel 4x4 xtra cab long bed. The two trucks will be out together so hopefully the 2wd will be ok. I relly didn't even want to put the plow on this truck, but it is a work truck and I can't see it sitting all winter so like you said. Gotta run what ya brung!