1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

9' Xblade problem...

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by vis, Jan 18, 2008.

1. vis

vis Senior Member
    from 4

I have a 2 yr old 9' fisher xblade on a 2006 f550 superduty dumptruck. When turning it(the plow) to the right i have no problem, and when going up and down I have no problem. SOMETIMES when going to the right it will studder.

This only happens to the right side, and sometimes it is fine, other times it is terrible. Today I plowed for 6 hours and it was fine, and when i got to my driveway it started up.

Heres the funny part. The plow has been to the dealer, and was completely checked for everything possible. The plow seems to check out ok.

Now for the big one: when the studdering begins, I can shut off the truck engine, but leave the key on, and move the plow......the studdering goes away, as soon as the engine goes back on, the studdering begins again.

The truck has been parked for about 6 hours now, and everything is working fine again..... Just looking for some advice before I bring it back to them.

2. FordFisherman

FordFisherman PlowSite.com Addict
    from 06611

Have you checked the electrical system of the truck? Maybe the alternator? Sounds like an electrical problem. Does everything else (lights, heater, etc.) function smoothly? Possibly a defective battery?

3. BoulderBronco

BoulderBronco Senior Member

I agree with the Fisherman. Sounds like your truck is not charging enough over the course of a storm. Go have you battery tested. It is probably losing it's power and after a number of hours just can't hold up to the electrical demands. Why it's only when angling right, who knows. Weirder things have happened.

4. vis

vis Senior Member
    from 4

well this can add to the situation...

After the fisher dealer told me its not the plow, i brought it to the ford place. They too were puzzled, but they did eventually change BOTH alternators, and check the batteries. They diagnosed it as giving the plow too much power....

but that did not solve the problem.

everything else inside the truck is functioning fine, except the spedometer goes crazy some times and stays at 15mph or 0 all the time, but then that goes back to normal.

the plow cables are clean, corrosion free and have dielectric grease in them.
    Plow fluid is clean, and full, hoses are new.

5. JPMAKO

JPMAKO Senior Member

Could it be a faulty controller?

6. MJM Landscaping

MJM Landscaping Senior Member
    from Maine

Mine doesthe same thing. Are you using the fishstick. Mine shutters only going to the left. My dealer told me it was a little bit of interference in the fishstick. Dont know if it was a load of B.S. or what.