1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

9' xblade chattering to right

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by vis, Jan 18, 2008.

1. vis

vis Senior Member
    from 4

I have a 2 yr old 9' fisher xblade on a 2006 f550 superduty dumptruck. When turning it(the plow) to the right i have no problem, and when going up and down I have no problem. SOMETIMES when going to the right it will studder.

This only happens to the right side, and sometimes it is fine, other times it is terrible. Today I plowed for 6 hours and it was fine, and when i got to my driveway it started up.

Heres the funny part. The plow has been to the dealer, and was completely checked for everything possible. The plow seems to check out ok.

Now for the big one: when the studdering begins, I can shut off the truck engine, but leave the key on, and move the plow......the studdering goes away, as soon as the engine goes back on, the studdering begins again.

The truck has been parked for about 6 hours now, and everything is working fine again..... Just looking for some advice before I bring it back to them.
  2. tom_mccauley

tom_mccauley Senior Member

check your cables for corrosion/loose connections
  3. xtreem3d

xtreem3d PlowSite.com Addict

some kind of vibration from the engine causing intermttent connection?