1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

9' X-Blade on 06 350 single wheel

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by ZRT1000, Sep 1, 2006.

1. ZRT1000

ZRT1000 Member

I was interested in putting a 8-6' X-blade ss on my 06 350 Crew cab short box with single rear wheel.. But the price is high because they don't have 1 in stock but they have a 9' that I can get for over a grand less. I have a 9' western on my dually and I am not sure the 6" will be a hinderance on the single wheel. Anybody have any experiance with a 9' on a pickup doing large driveways .. Thanks
  2. Big Dog D

Big Dog D PlowSite.com Addict

I've got an 8ft. X on my 05 F-350 and think its too small for the truck. I don't know offhand how much extra the 9 weighs but my guess is the front end would take it fine.
  3. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

According to the web site it weights 22lbs. more. I would put it on in a heart beat. It allows you to stay farther from walls and I don't think 3" per side will make a difference on a residential driveway.

STANSUSKI Junior Member

Go for the 9' blade you will be happy
  5. Boycea

Boycea Member
    from MA

I have a 9ft fisher x blade on an 06 F350 single wheel with the powerstroke. The truck handled it fine, I would say go for it. It was a little tight with some driveways but also nice at the same time because you can get closer to garages and walls etc.
  6. Gicon

Gicon Senior Member
    from MA

I got the 8.6 and love it. Its the happy medium. Was no extra charge though. Just like they order 8's and 9's from Fisher than get 8.6's. Dont let them feed u bs. good luck
  7. ZRT1000

ZRT1000 Member

Thanks for the info. I am getting the 9' .. Gicon It is not BS it is that they have the 9' in stock so I am not paying the elevated cost with the rise of steel costs ..Thanks
  8. Gicon

Gicon Senior Member
    from MA

Sorry ZRT, just trying to help out. Hate to see fellow plow guys gettin lines of BS and paying increased pricing.