1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

9' V-box Spreader?

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by slade, Sep 1, 2005.

1. slade

slade Senior Member

Does anyone know if there is a company that makes a 9' V-BOX spreader that you can put on a 1 ton truck. thanks
  2. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

Never heard of a 9'. Why would you want a 9' rather than the standard 8'?
  3. echovalley

echovalley Senior Member
    from CT

sno-way.there is a dealer in VT that has some leftover sanders real cheap,just bought 2,a 6ft $2300 and a 8ft $2500.if they have any left they were about $3300 for a 3yarder
  4. SLC1

SLC1 Senior Member

Yes, Down Easter makes a large variety of sizes. We have a
    9' V-Box and it is great. It is much better than a 8' because you can load it with larger machine bucket without alot of spillage and it holds almost another yard of material. They are a great sander, well built, swing chute, many motor sizes to choose from. Look into them you wont be unhappy. Just my two cents.

5. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

Must be something fairly new. What is the 9' rated capacity?
  6. slade

slade Senior Member

I have a 8' v-box now. My truck bed is 9' long so I would like to get a 9' v-box for the extra capacity.
  7. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

Last year I purchased a 10' Swenson salter. I could have bought the 9' they make but for some reason it was $700. more. The capacity on the 10' is 4.4 yards which is to big. We do not load it to the top and this year I hope to buy a larger truck and move that salter over to the new truck.
  8. Aspen Snow

Aspen Snow Senior Member

Hiway makes a 9' Super P