1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

9' Scoop on 06' CTD?

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by NBI Lawn, Nov 29, 2007.

1. NBI Lawn

NBI Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

Thinking about putting a rack for a 9' Hiniker scoop on my 06 quad/short CTD. Is that too much plow for my truck? It will not be the main truck for the plow rather a back up just in case something happens to the Duramax's (again).

Plow weighs ~800lbs
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2007
  2. DaySpring Services

DaySpring Services PlowSite.com Addict

I have a Boss 8.2 V with wings. You'll be fine. The cummins is more than capable of pushing large amounts of snow. Buffalo snow has yet to slow my truck down!!
  3. NLS1

NLS1 Senior Member

Shouldn't be a problem

I have a Mega Cab CTD 2500 with a Boss 9'2" poly v with a back drag edge too. I installed a hell bent steel leveling kit for $85 and have 825 lbs of ballast as far back as possible, and it seems to handle the weight just fine. Obviously plenty of power. I will be adding Timbrens this week however to save the springs as much as possible. Here is the link to my pictures of it.
  4. TEX

TEX Senior Member

nice truck you got there