1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

9 Pin unimount

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by DJC, Dec 5, 2011.

1. DJC

DJC Senior Member

Do any of you know of aftermarket plugins for a nine pin?? I need both plow side and truck side but I'm not going to pay $100+ bucks for OEM Thanks!

2. Grandstander

Grandstander Junior Member

most likely not

I haven't seen any aftermarket plugs myself. The usual places do sell them for about $60 bucks a side. Plows are expensive to repair and have to be maintained. Are you trying to troubleshoot a problem and have determined that the harness is what is causing it or are you taking a shot in the dark and think that by replacing the harness it will solve the problem? I don't think $120 bucks for brandnew oem plugs is that much relative to how long they last. A dealership would charge you $200 for them and anothre $150 dollars to splice them on!

If you are having electrical problems go to the western site and download the mechanics manual for your plow it will tell you how to troubleshoot it. As far as aftermarket ends I don't think anyone markets off-brand harness plugs.

EDIT: I did a bit of research for you and found this http://store.besttruckeq.com/motorswitcheselec.html they do make aftermarket harnesses running about $45 bucks. I knew they wouldn't be that much cheaper but at least they do make them for the older plows. You will still be spending about $100 bucks for the pair after shipping. I can get a pair of oem shipping for about $115 so i guess you save enough money to buy a 30 pack of cheap beer :(

Last edited: Dec 5, 2011
  3. DJC

DJC Senior Member

OK thanks !!! I may try making something myself. I just refuse to pay over $100 for something that is only 9 wires a foot long and a little bit of rubber.

4. MLG

MLG Senior Member
    from WI

Well, you could do like my brother wanted me to do and use 3 trailer wiring harnesses.

I went through a similar situation lately with plow wiring. I ended up paying the money and buying a new harness. Yes, it was more than I wanted to spend, but I've been down this road with other things in the past trying to save money and in the end spent a whole bunch of time trying to jerry-rig it. When I figured how much time I spent I really didn't save anything and the end product wasn't as good. So for the plow wiring I figured I'd just do it 'right' from the start. Glad I did.

5. DJC

DJC Senior Member

LOL!!!! Trust me the trailer idea has gone through my head:) I know I should just buy a new one but it's on a so called backup truck and I really don't want to put much more money into it.

6. Plowfixguys

Plowfixguys Senior Member

Are your harnesses gone or just damaged on the 9 pin end?

7. DJC

DJC Senior Member

They are damaged, a couple wires are broke off inside. I bought 2 5 wire flat waterproof connectors today. I don't really use the truck for much because I have 2 others. It's just a back-up or maybe it will plow 2 or 3 places per storm. It's not like I have to use it so I'm not dumping much money into it. I just would have thought someone would have some cheaper aftermarkets. Guess not!