1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

9' or 10' MC on compact wheel loader

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Jim15, Sep 5, 2012.

1. Jim15

Jim15 Member
    from MA

Hey guys,

Don't use this site much, but when I do I'm assisted every time, so I hope you guys can help here. So as the title says putting a plow on our compact wheel loader to get a little more use out of it this winter, we do not want a pusher because most of the parking lots are long straight runs, and we are afraid that the loader may be a little underpowered once filled with a full pusher of heavy wet Massachusetts snow. So here is my situation.

We have a 2006 Ingersoll Rand WL 440 wheel loader. The machine weighs 13,500lbs., is 78" wide, and has a 75 hp motor. It is the same machine has a Terex TL 100. So I would like any opinions on people who own or operate similar sized loaders, would love a Terex or Ingersoll Rand machine experience, but I know they aren't that common, in the limited market that is compact wheel loaders. Also looking for opinions maybe on similar sized (weight and hp) backhoes, but I know most backhoes are a ton or 2 heavier with bigger motors, and perhaps opinions on the FIsher MC plows, any known problems or experiences.

So again would you put a 9 or 10ft Fisher MC on a wheel loader of this size? I know most of you a partial to the biggest plow possible, to get the most production, but keep in mind that we usually get very wet, heavy snow, so we don't want to get something the machine can't handle. Also at the very worst we have an 8' HD fabbed up on a skidsteer plate that we don't use much anymore, as we tend just to use the pickups and dump trucks for plowing, then have the Bobcats and loader ready to go with buckets for snow removal. So this machine will be sitting at our 2 big commercial accounts which are right beside each other with a bucket and plow so we can show up in a pickup, jump in the loader and blow out the open areas, and use one of the pickups (F250/F350 with 8' SS X blades), if you need to do areas the loader won't fit.

Thanks in advance for you guys opinions/help. These sites are deffinitely great tools to aide when making purchases. I will be posting a link to this in the heavy equipment section as well.

2. bluerage94

bluerage94 Senior Member

I would go with the 10'....that machine has soo much weight it would not be a problem....going to go with a 12' pusher on my cat 908...
  3. leigh

leigh PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

Maybe apples to oranges but if my 2 wheel drive ,13000 lb truck could push a fisher 10 mc I would think you would be ok. If angled hardly any resistance .
  4. Jim15

Jim15 Member
    from MA

Thank you for the quick replies.

Thank you for the reply. I know it weighs a fair amount, and that the plows are made for trucks with GVW's of 16,000 to 26,000 pounds, so realistically those trucks may we between 10,000 and 15,000 pounds. They only thing that might be of concern is the fact the loader has a 75 horsepower motor, and the truck they are made for have between 300 and 500 hp now. Of course, when you are plowing you are more concerned with torque than you are with horsepower, so I personally am comfortable with a 10', however the man with the money is my father, and he had the concerns, but we are going with the 10'. Thanks again for the opinion.

Thank you also for the reply. Your experience with your truck having no problem pushing it reassures me that our loader won't have any issues. I'm sure, as with all our Fisher products, we won't have any issues, or at least hope, haha.

Thanks again guys for the quick response, these sites are extremely helpful,