1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

9' On a 2500???

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by Plower845, Oct 12, 2009.

1. Plower845

Plower845 Member
    from ny

I have a 2008 dodge ram with the 6.7 diesel in it, that replaced a chevy in which i had a 9' boss straight blade on. Im trying to sell the boss but idk if its gonna happen. Worse case i have to put the 9 footer on the dodge.. do you that that will be to much for the truck? does anybody have a 2500 with a 9 footer?? I was going to sell the boss and buy a 8 foot fisher bc the fisher dealer is alot better around here.. Thanks for any input

2. JustJeff

JustJeff 2000 Club Member

I'm not positive about the Boss, but if you go to the Blizzard site, their power match page won't let you put plow on that truck if it's got a diesel, especially if it's a quad cab. After looking around, it seems that most manufacturers will only let you put a sizeable plow (like and 8-10 or Western Wideout) on a quad cab if it's a Ford. Chevy and Dodge front axles aren't rated as high as the Fords. That being said, you will still see a lot of them around, it's just that the manufacturer won't reccomend it. I'm sure you can put a nine footer on there and have the truck handle it no problem. But then again, I'm not responsible for repairs./damages to your vehicle.

3. DAFFMOBILEWASH

DAFFMOBILEWASH PlowSite.com Addict

9' will work but they are a little big for the road. Myself treat the truck to a newer V blade, you will be amazed at how much snow the cummins can move!!!! Be patient the 9' will move as soon as the flakes are in the air!!!

4. NBI Lawn

NBI Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

mount it up. It will handle it no problem. It cant weigh more than a v-plow or Blizzard. I have run a 9' Scoop on my 06' cummins and it does just fine, cant tell a difference between that and a 8' straight.

5. ProSeasons

ProSeasons Senior Member

You can put 12, 14 or 16 feet of plow on it.

In the back.

6. jomofo

jomofo Senior Member

I have the 2500 with the hemi and think my 9'2" vxt (~900 lbs.) is a bit much for it stock. Guys will tell you to go ahead, but I personally never would.

7. tsiguy

tsiguy Junior Member

I just bought a 9.5 vplow from snowdogg and have a 2008 dodge 2500 with the hemi, power wise i think I'm fine. it weighs a little over a 1000lbs. definitly needs ballas, but I think it will do just fine. wesport

8. cfdeng7

cfdeng7 Senior Member
    from CT

hang it on there and put plenty of ballast you'll be fine

9. JLL25

JLL25 Member
    from Chatham

Power wise I would think that drivetrain is going to push just about whatever size plow you want it to, I have run a F350 with the V10 which had a 9ft plow with wings and it pushed with little problems, the cummins has more torque at idle than that V10 did at its optimum range. I'd say do it.

10. kirkg

kirkg Junior Member

ball joints, ball joints, ball joints. I guess they'd be replaced every year no matter which way you go.

11. Dodge Plow Pwr

Dodge Plow Pwr Senior Member

I have a 05 with Pro Plus 9' with Pro Wings and no problems for the most part. Ball joints get changed yearly along with u-joints... Cheapest parts of the truck imo.