1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

9'' on a 2500?

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by Plower845, Mar 29, 2009.

1. Plower845

Plower845 Member
    from ny

Im buying an 08 quad cab short bed ram 2500 diesel, is a nice foot plow to much for it?
  2. CityGuy

CityGuy PlowSite Fanatic

In my opinion I would not run any more than an 8'6 in plow. But I guess it depends on what brand plow and if it's poly or steel.
  3. BigDave12768

BigDave12768 PlowSite.com Addict

Nope is same front end as the 3500. But just make sure you get the Plow prep package they sit higher. Also dont ride around with on all the time ball joints are real pricey on these trucks. Below is my 3500 No Ballast in rear end with a 8ft X blade it wieghs 790# A regular 9ft Fisher weighs 745#.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2009
  4. Plower845

Plower845 Member
    from ny

its a straight blade boss steel
  5. BigDave12768

BigDave12768 PlowSite.com Addict

Well the heaviest 9ft they make is 832# The Super Duty XT. The regular Super Duty is 742#. If you get the Xt I would run about 500 pounds ballast. Does the truck have the plow prep package?
  6. exmark1

exmark1 PlowSite.com Addict

I wouldn't worry about it... I am running an 8'6" V-plow on a 2003 2500 Diesel with no weight in the box. I would say your fine, maybe use some ballast weight if it doesn't have the plow package.
  7. 2003ctd

2003ctd Senior Member

I've got a 9 footer on mine, truck barely squats... Holds it extremly well
  8. Plower845

Plower845 Member
    from ny

just what i wanted to hear lol yeaa it has the plow prep
  9. Dodge Plow Pwr

Dodge Plow Pwr Senior Member

I have a Western Pro Plus 9' with the Pro wings and it does just fine. I also have Timbrens ini the front as well. I was told and also when I tried to build my new truck on-line it would not give me an option for snow plow prep on the new diesel...:nono:
  10. JDiepstra

JDiepstra PlowSite.com Addict

I have a 9'2" Boss V-Plow on the front of my 2500. It sags about an inch. I only have the plow on when I plowing since it only takes 1 minute to put it on or take it off. No problems so far. I will be getting some Timbrens for next season though cause when I hit a big bump in the road, the front suspension will hit the bumpstops. If I had to do it over again I "might" get a slightly smaller plow, and increase its size with wings. I have just found the 9' to be too big a couple times (residential circle and u drives).
  11. mnglocker

mnglocker Senior Member

I'd say a 3/4ton could easily handle a 9 inch to a foot wide plow. :D