1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

9' mm2 doesnt raise

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by jojosaw, Oct 27, 2011.

1. jojosaw

jojosaw Junior Member
    from Mass

end of last season plow started to slow coming up, now it will barely come up.. will angle left and right but not much lift, what causes this? thanks..

2. no lead

no lead PlowSite.com Addict

make sure the fluid is full.

3. braceyaself

braceyaself Member
    from ct

make sure the filter is clean. This happened to me filter was full of junk

4. jojosaw

jojosaw Junior Member
    from Mass

fluid is full, filter is my next project however bolts holding unit to frame are frozen and screws for tank as well.. Is it ok to use a small amount of heat on these? thanks

5. equip guy

equip guy Member

filter would effect all positions. Pull cover behind head gear, ypu will see 3 solonoids, 1 is L/R, 1 is lift, 1 is float. Ck wiring connections all all coils, remove each coil and pull off, clean off any rust build up on spool shaft. Tighten these back down just a little after nut has contacted coil, to not crank on. Use a test light and have some one move the controller to up, see if you have voltage, also pull off the controller wire at the grill (the one with 3 wires) and see if you get the light to illuminate when you go to lift. I'll post the color of the lift wire when I go check. Let us know how you made out. Good luck

6. 02powerstroke

02powerstroke PlowSite.com Addict

same thing happened to me last season it was the filter.

7. jojosaw

jojosaw Junior Member
    from Mass

Turns out it was the motor.. last season it must have just been tired, today it went completely..