1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

9' Hiniker straight blade ?

Discussion in 'Hiniker' started by NBI Lawn, Dec 20, 2007.

1. NBI Lawn

NBI Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

I cant seem to find anything on them. The plow I found is an 02' thats in mint shape but would like to know what the deal is with them. Did they have a problem with them so they stopped making them or what?

I should mention it is a full trip not a trip edge.

2. blee1ash

blee1ash Senior Member

Hiniker makes excellent plows. They are manufactured in Mankato, Mn.. I have a '99 model straight blade and love it. They are one of the easiest to hook up and take off. The only problem I have with mine is that it trips easly with heavy wet snow, but you will have that with any brand's full trip plows. www.hiniker.com

3. NBI Lawn

Thanks man :rolleyes:, I already have two 9' Scoops so I know all about Hiniker. I am wondering why they stopped making the 9' straight blade. Where they too big so they were bending? Seems like the 9' is what most are using so why dont they have it anymore.

4. baltz526

baltz526 Member

what makes you think they do not make the 9 foot plow, it was listed last i looked

5. exmark1

exmark1 PlowSite.com Addict

They do still make them to the best of my knowledge...they just aren't that popular due to the size most people going that large want the V-plow or Scoop models

6. NBI Lawn

Yeah, the old ones were full trip though. The new ones are trip edges to the best of my knowledge.

7. ernest

ernest Member

How do you like the scoop ? It seems the v plow gives you a little more versatility - but maybe with more moving parts on the V - more potential problems ? Do scoops wind-roll
    very good ?

8. DUMZ

DUMZ Senior Member

I would think they would windrow about the same as having wings on a strait... but i may be wrong...

9. sweetlou48096

sweetlou48096 Junior Member
    from 48096

Many many people like HINIKERS 9" HIGH, NO PINCH, SPLIT TRIP EDGE and it does have alot of
    advantages over the competition. Being split it takes alot of the brunt off the plow and truck. You can
    get a 9'ft. POLY split trip edge from hiniker with box ends to stretch it out another 6 to 8 inches.

I bought my box ends for only $ 220, maybe the dealers here just have better prices.
    Good Luck this season

10. HinikerPrototyp

HinikerPrototyp Member

The scoup is designed to handle that extra forward push in the way the framing was made,wings on a straight blade will carry alot of snow but do cause the blade to bow back on the ends i would still say the scoup will carry alot more snow if not over 50 %more