1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

9' fisher on my skid

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by NEUSWEDE, Dec 23, 2011.

1. NEUSWEDE

NEUSWEDE Senior Member

Fabbed up a 9' fisher for my skid, not only floats but down pressure as well. Todays dinky storm was the first I got to use it since wasn't enough snow for it to work and made a quick video http://youtu.be/VgeyNA1E2gs

couple pictures

skid plow 1.jpg

skid plow2.jpg

2. alldayrj

alldayrj PlowSite.com Addict

nice job, looks really clean

3. bacwudzme

bacwudzme Senior Member

Very niceThumbs Up Are you going to use that in the parking garages?payup

4. deicepro

deicepro PlowSite.com Addict

How about more pics?
    Looks good..

5. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

Great job. The down pressure mod is awesome and so simple.

6. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

Great job on the vid and the plow!

7. NEUSWEDE

NEUSWEDE Senior Member

Thanks for looking I will get some more pictures as the ones above are from before I painted it and did all the hydraulic lines and Valves. This will be going in a parking garage this storm didnt produce much so it was just salted off.

8. contractor078

contractor078 Senior Member

sweet set up very nicely done.

9. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

The plow came out great NEUSWEDE. I bet it will work wicked good. Do you think you will put wings on it or leave it as it is?

10. NEUSWEDE

NEUSWEDE Senior Member

Have thought about wings but the only reason I went with a blade as opposed to a box is based on how the area is laid out. Tough to do it with a box where as I need to be able to angle and get around things. kage was on my mind but need to have one year under my belt and make sure I will have it again before spending the money.

11. cubanb343

cubanb343 Senior Member
    from ERIE

That's cool. The down pressure will certainly come in handy.. It seems to do a great job

12. StuveCorp

StuveCorp Senior Member

Throw some wings on there(unless you are paid by the hour...:D) and you are set. Paint it up on the offseason and you will be good for a long time.

13. NEUSWEDE

NEUSWEDE Senior Member

Yea I am thinking about the same wings as you have but want to get atleast one storm under my belt before doing that. I put a quick paint job on this year to make it smooth. in the summer I will cut out and fix the cancer and have it sand blasted and painted so it will be just like new.

14. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

I have a mint 9 foot blade if you want to replace rather than repair.

15. Bigrd1

Bigrd1 Senior Member

I like that you're using a fisher but why wouldn't you just use the float on the Skidsteer? Just wondering not saying there's anything wrong with the way you're using it.

16. NEUSWEDE

NEUSWEDE Senior Member

That was my intention to have it like that when I started building it but I talked to a few others that were doing the same and they were having problems and having to fix theirs every year so I figured float with a chain wouldn't hurt and I don't mind it.