1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

9' Boss

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by ford6.9, Nov 9, 2008.

1. ford6.9

ford6.9 Senior Member

Does anyone run a 9' boss on a F350 SRW? Just wondering how that would look? any pictures to share? I checked the weight and boss only had up to 8.5' straight or a 8.2 V. This is the thing that gets me tho, the 8.2V is heavier than the 9' straight blade. Just trying to look at this as an overall picture, resale, easy of use, driving down the road. Oh and I would be putting wings on it as well.
  2. Get Plowed AK

Get Plowed AK Member

Yeah the v-plows have a lot more goin on than a straight. I have an Boss '08 9.2 v and i like it Im not sure what your asking though.
  3. ford6.9

ford6.9 Senior Member

I am asking if you guys would go with something smaller than a 9'. Like maybe an 8 or 8'6". Also wondering how it would look or feel driving that around the roads, I have a 9,2 V but thats not bad when driving thru town in the V
  4. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Go with a 9.2 boss v plow.
  5. ford6.9

ford6.9 Senior Member

I have already have one and didnt want to spend the money on that when I really dont need the V on this truck.
  6. ford6.9

ford6.9 Senior Member

I guess what I am looking for is anyone that has driven around town with a 9' straight how bad is it?
  7. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Sorry,if your driving just put the plow in angle and it will be fine.
  8. Get Plowed AK

Get Plowed AK Member

Yeah angle towards the curb. But it is still wide, around town it is a little uncomfortable and borderline illegal in most places. Ok... Take and wing your 9.2 V towards the curb and I'll bet you will feel like the driver side is way out there. :eek: Your call. I wouldnt go much bigger than 8.2. or get a blizzard 8-10. Those boys can move some serious snow but a little on the heavy side! wesport
  9. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

It's not bad at all as long as your cautious, think ahead, and pay attention to your surrounding of course. It's only a few extra inches on each side...just have to watch those few extra inches. :salute:
  10. linycctitan

linycctitan Senior Member

Or check out the SnoWay Revolution. Simialr but more versitle concept to the Blizzard.
  11. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

I have a 9' Straight Boss. Bought it last December and plowed alot of snow with it. I love it and dont have any issues driving around with it. The only places it gets tight is residential streets that have cars parked on each side and you can barely get a pickup through. I would go for it.
  12. erkoehler

erkoehler PlowSite Veteran

One of the guys at our shop just put an 8' 6" Boss on his 1999 F350 SRV V-10 truck.....the truck holds it well.
  13. 3bladz

3bladz Senior Member

I have 9 foot V's but I have trouble pushing out drive thru windows, especially at banks. You might take into consideration where you will be using it. Bigger isnt always better.
    I remember before the boss V I had trouble breaking open driveways too. When it is real deep all you can do is put the blade straight and go, if you angle it you just get pushed sidways into the snowbank.