1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

9.6ss extreme v

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by osomany?s, Sep 2, 2012.

1. osomany?s

osomany?s Member

considering a 9.6 extreme v new for my 95 f350 utility body with 7.5lgas motor.anyone have any experience with this blade??

2. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

I have an 8.5 ss exv on my 03 chevy 2500 and it scrapes up snow and ice like no other. Loud when scraping but I love the thing. If u go with the xls u will like the productivity of that plow also.

3. osomany?s

osomany?s Member

The 8.5ss is pretty durable??

4. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

It is a solid plow as the first season I had it we had 5 ice storms and it ripped through the ice like butter. We would break up lots with the exv and then cleanup trail off with the xls. Fastest way to get lots clean. But again it is a louder plow due to the stainless.but it is stainless so no rust which is the biggest battle with plows.

5. winged1dur

winged1dur Senior Member

I have plowed with a 9'6"SS Xtreme V since I bought it in August 2006. It has been a solid, dependable plow since day 1. The V plow concept is vastly superior to a straight blade and is very well suited for driveway work.
    The only downsides I can think of are cutting edges are expensive and the plow is a little loud. Since I have a diesel and loud radio the plow noise isn't that big of an issue for me;)
    The plow is stored on a plow dolly that is kept in my garage when not in use and stored inside all summer.
    Even with the weight of a steel utility body, my truck plows much better with 1000lbs. of tube sand just in front of the tailgate.

6. osomany?s

osomany?s Member

Trying to find a barely used 9.6ssxtreme v if anyone is looking to get rid ovone

7. osomany?s

osomany?s Member