1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

9.6 V Cutting Edge

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Antlerart06, Mar 25, 2014.

1. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

I was hoping to wait till next season
    Forecast was showing 1-3'' so last night I put on my new edge on last one only had 1/2'' left and the trip springs was close I couldn't slide my hand under it
    Well I must scared it off the snow, didn't get anything on the pavement grass was white
    Sorry on the one pic its blurry
    My edge is 5/8'' x 8''
    Most of the time I get 2 winters out of one but this winter was like 2 winter in one on visits + my v runs more then any other of my plows Since I'm the boss I go around and do touch ups. I'm always the last one to go home

SANY0493.JPG

SANY0494.JPG

2. dieselboy01

dieselboy01 Senior Member

Do you get them made in 8" or does your dealer offer them in 8"?

3. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

I sell it after inch is gone.

4. yardguy28

yardguy28 Senior Member

only 2 winters put of 1??? you must do A LOT of snow removal. even my buddy with 9 employees, 4 trucks doesn't replace his cutting edges that often.

me I'm solo so I haven't had to replace a cutting edge. first 2 years with a plow I had a straight blade and last winter and this winter I have a v blade. haven't kept the same blade long enough to need to replace mine thank god. and now that I'm all but getting out of snow removal I'll never have to replace one again.

for the next 2 years I'm only plowing mine, my grandparents and 3 clients.

5. StathemLawncare

StathemLawncare Member

I have the same plow, but the 8'6. I've been wanting to do the 8" edge. Does it affect the trip edge any. It would help level my plow since I bought a new Ford 350 this last fall.

6. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

I make them I can make the centers did it once took to long to bend at a angle
    Still trips the same when its a new edge but sure back drags a lot better
    There is a pitch adjustment on your plow that you should adjust at least 1 time with my 8'' edge I just mine 3 times over the life of the edge.
    The center I run 4ply baler belt It keeps the snow from falling out.

Doing it this way, it save me $$$
    I build all my plow cutting edge besides my tractor 11' its still a cheap edge unlike western or Boss

I made one for my Skid before my new plow even seen snow I put a 5/8''x8''
    It has 150 hrs on it and I still have 4'' of wear left for next year and the skid used down pressure some with it.

A lot of it is I enjoy making things with my hands
    Photo is my Skid its a trip edge

1127131151c.jpg