1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

9-6 mvp3 wideout or 9-2 vxt can't make up my mind

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by CjBonavenia, Aug 17, 2014.

1. CjBonavenia

CjBonavenia Member

First time posting not shure if I'm doing it right but I have a 2015 2500 ltz duramax and not shure what plow to put on it I do a lot of commercial lots but also about 25 driveways I had a 9-6 stream v on my last truck that I loved but will the whideout do a lot more faster? And as for the vxt boss It is the cheapest but never had a boss and I'm a little scared I would appreciate what you guys have to say
  2. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

I own both plows and if I had to choose one I'd go with the 9'6" MVP. Taller moldboard, trip edge vs full trip. However, I do think the Wideout backdrags better than the MVP so if you're going to be doing a lot of that then the Wideout is your best choice.
  3. JustJeff

JustJeff PlowSite.com Addict

What the hell is a "stream v"? And I wouldn't get a flat-top v anymore. If I was going to get a v, it would be a flared wing v. I don't have one, but if I were to get a new plow this minute, it would be a Boss DXT. I don't think you can beat the dual trip mode, especially in stainless.

And do yourself a favor, learn how to spell and use punctuation so people can understand your questions. You'll get a lot more answers.
  4. CjBonavenia

CjBonavenia Member

Sorry xtreem v auto correct messed that up
  5. Whiffyspark

Whiffyspark 2000 Club Member
    from SOMD

Xtreme v bud

I'd go with western cause of chain lift and mounting system

If you get a lot of wet heavy snow get the mvp3.
  6. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

I'd go with the wideout. If you are plowing with the storm (which most all of you do), then it'll be the best for the lots and very versatile in the drives.
  7. CjBonavenia

CjBonavenia Member

I really want to try a wideout know one I know has one just worried about the Polly blade on the wing not scraping that good but looking at all the vids it looks like it will out plow a 9-6 v in the lots
  8. MatthewG

MatthewG PlowSite.com Addict

The poly wings do not scrape well if its packed down, powder is no problem, assuming your plow sits level, otherwise the rubber/poly wings will wear and "smile"
  9. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

If you add a set of Western's wings to the MVP it will outplow the Wideout by a large margin in a parking lot setting. I've been meaning to snap photos of the difference between the two but I keep forgetting to do it.
  10. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

I vote wideout, unless you do like Camden talks about above.
  11. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Wideout or xls .....
  12. CjBonavenia

CjBonavenia Member

Thanks guys ill take some pics when I get it on and I would go with the wideout over the xls only because of the mount I don't like the fisher and because my truck is red so it will match hahaha
  13. dieselboy01

dieselboy01 Senior Member

Wheres the pictures?????
  14. CjBonavenia

CjBonavenia Member

It is going on later next week I will post them as soon as I get it
  15. fatheadon1

fatheadon1 Senior Member

For parking lot plowing you can not beat the wide out hands down the fastest. If you keep up with the storm. If you wait or need to break open driveways with 3 ft drifts the a vplow is the way to go or you can do what do and have all 3 a wideout mvp plus and mvp3 both 9'6 i like the wide out the most outta all 3because of production and its narrow closed size makes it nice driving site to site or when salting getting into tight spots is way easyer after 40 hour in the truck with the smaller plow and the mvp3 is my least Favorite because the cutting edges seam to wear way to fast and it took the route from the mvp plus so cutting edge wear would be apples to apples
  16. meyer22288

meyer22288 Senior Member

If you are who i think you are then your father makes awsome pizza. Good luck with the plow
  17. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

I like pizza..
  18. CjBonavenia

CjBonavenia Member

Hahah that is my uncle not my father but thank you he stopped making pizza now full time and only makes it on the weekends he works for us now driving the triaxel
  19. Glenn Lawn Care

Glenn Lawn Care Senior Member

I would choose the wideout out of those three.
  20. meyer22288

meyer22288 Senior Member

Oh ok. Yea i see u guys all the time you plow roccos if i remember right. I used to plow the mavis in pawling till last season. Cool to see a local guy on here. I used to pass your uncles truck everyday when i lived in wingdale. Hopfully ill get to see the new plow in person this year