1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

9.6 MVP on diesel extended cab 3500 GMC?

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by MetroTurf, Oct 29, 2006.

1. MetroTurf

MetroTurf Junior Member

I have a new one ton dually GMC with the Duramax diesel engine. I am really wanting to put a V plow on this truck. What do you recommend? I would really like to go with a 9'6" MVP but I am worried about the weight.
  2. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping PlowSite.com Addict

I think that truck should be able to hold that plow ok! I would either go with a 9'6" MVP or a new fisher X-treme V 9'6".
  3. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

I dont think that truck will hold will hold that much weight. You could probably do a 8'6" V-plow but thats alot of weight for a Duramax 3500 Crew Cab. You wouldnt wanna mess anything up on that truck if it could have been avoided....just my 0.02
  4. sbrennan007

sbrennan007 Senior Member

I think with Timbrens and the Torsion bars turned up about 6 turns each you might be ok.

I agree with the others though that this is a very heavy plow for this truck. I was going to go with the same plow but then decided to go with the Western 9'0" Pro Plus. It also is heavy, but the 9'6" MVP is an additional 100+ lbs more.