1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

9.5 xv ss

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by BlackIrish, Oct 16, 2009.

1. BlackIrish

BlackIrish Senior Member

The new plow is going on my truck ,09 F350 CC SB, next Friday.
    So of course its time to 2nd guess myself.
    Wideout? smaller Vee?
    It would be plowing HOA's,condos,apt bldgs,good size comm and probably some reg resi's when I get tired of waiting for the tractors to finish.
    Let's hear what you have to say. :nod:

2. PTSolutions

PTSolutions PlowSite.com Addict

personally, having used both V's and a blizzard, id say go with a blizzard style, yea the fit/finish quality isnt up there like boss, i have an older style blizzard with more meat on it, and have heard stories about the newer plows, wideouts and XLS's included.

3. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

I think you made a good choice with the V plow. It is wide enough to be still be productive as a widewout or blizzard, Plus you can stack high with the SS and move large amounts of snow around with it. Plus you can get the wings for the plow and it is larger then the blizzard or wideout. I had the same debate between and XLS and The V SS. I am going with the V on my new f350 also.

4. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

The style is fine, but I might reconsider the brand.

5. BlackIrish

BlackIrish Senior Member

LOL
    I've been buying Fisher for 15 yrs, can't see switching now.

6. Doin_It

Doin_It Senior Member
    from Mt.

Had a Fisher VSS last year same as yours. Loved all aspects of attachment and operatin. Thre is always a but though...............I done all large lots, 8/9 acres. I didn't like the snow roll off when V'ed Then the truck and plow got written off in an accident late in the season.So I wanted a XLS, but the dwealer wouldn't install it on a '91 1ton cause it wouldn't meet manufacter spec. So I got a Blizzard 810PP. So far this month I've used it 2x's..once for fun on 3/4" to train my new lady operater. The secon on 3.5" of wet sutff. So far I love what I see. So if large lots, long pushes are your thing go big, if smaller, short pushes are it go FISHER, you'll like it.

7. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

That's logical, I guess........:dizzy:

8. jayman3

jayman3 Senior Member

Paul the next plow that I buy would be a XLS,I think it would be perfect for the application you intend on using,when in the apaertment lots you can keep it closed then you can use the soop mode to push it out.Why not ask Creative:waving:

9. Premier

Premier Senior Member

I would go with the blizzard if you are thinking about that style plow, the wideout is just not built the same. same idea but not as strong, I was considering eithor a wideout or the 810, after extencive talks with my distributor, (who sells both) it was clear that the blizzard is the way to go. As it turns out i will be getting a Boss xt in about a week im ordering it tomorrow, after much thought and planning (waiting to see what contracts i would get back) it turns out that a v plow will work better as i will be doing several drives over a mile long with bad drifting problems. If i endup getting a condo ass that i bid on we will be getting a 8611SS the blizzard plows are just amazing.