1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

9.5 mvp3 or Wide-out

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by jsadlowski26, Sep 18, 2014.

1. jsadlowski26

jsadlowski26 Junior Member

I will be purchasing a couple new plows this year and have always owned straight blades after looking at plows i have narrowed it down to wide-outs or a 9.5 mvp3. i plow driveways mostly and only have a couple lots to do. Was wondering if i could get some peoples thoughts on the two plows as i hear both are great. Also was wondering if you can purchase wings for the v blade i cant find pictures of what it would look like on the net.

2. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

I have both plows and I like my 9'6" MVP more than my Wideout. However, the Wideout backdrags better and if you're doing a bunch of driveways that'll be the better option for you.

Can't go wrong with either one though. Western makes the best plow you can buy. All the other manufacturers are vying for 2nd place.

3. jsadlowski26

jsadlowski26 Junior Member

is it that big of a difference back dragging with a v blade?

4. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

I feel like there's a significant difference between the two.

5. JustJeff

JustJeff 2000 Club Member

I have zero issues back dragging with my V. If you want to see pics of a Western V with wings, go to "1olddogtwo"'s page. He's got pictures of his in stainless with wings.

6. Ray

Ray PlowSite.com Veteran

Thats funny since Western, Fisher and Blizzard pretty much all roll of the same assembly line.

7. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

I feel the Vee is better with the availability to start off straight and then switch to Vee to scoop the snow while backing.

8. extremepusher

extremepusher Senior Member
    from west mi

If your doing driveway, get a v-plow so you can stack your snow because of limited space for snow pile. also get a backblade with down pressure . best route.

9. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

It's funny to me that you think just because they're all owned by DD that they're essentially the same plows. Blizzard uses a direct lift system, Western and Fisher do not. That's a huge design difference between the two. If anything I can see the similarities between Fisher and Western but adding Blizzards to the discussion is ridiculous.

10. Whiffyspark

Whiffyspark 2000 Club Member
    from SOMD

Same electronics though

11. fatheadon1

fatheadon1 Senior Member

i have both and will most likely be buying 2 more wideouts the closed 8 foot is nice for small driveways tight areas then in big lots open it up and you will not find a faster plow on the market. only time i like the v plow better is drifts or deep snow but if you plan to plow with the storm wideout is my pick hands down

12. Polarismalibu

Polarismalibu PlowSite Fanatic

Blizzard has the same pumps and lights that's about it.

Absolutely love my wideout though!

13. JustJeff

JustJeff 2000 Club Member

A V with wings will move more snow than a Wideout.

14. Polarismalibu

Polarismalibu PlowSite Fanatic

Not entirely true. All depends on what your plowing. I have way out done out 9'6 with wings withy wideout. Combine both plows on a decent size lot then you really get stuff done.