1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

    Dismiss Notice

9.5' MVP vs. 8611lp

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by Mad Mulcher, Oct 26, 2007.

  1. Mad Mulcher

    Mad Mulcher Member
    Messages: 38

    We are trying to decide which plow to outfit a f550 with. Does anyone have enough personal experience using both size plows to give me a semi accurate idea on production rates between the two?

    Thanks, Mad Mulcher
     
  2. Duncan90si

    Duncan90si Senior Member
    Messages: 602

    I have never ran an 8611lp but I have used both an 810 and a 9.5' MVP on the same accounts before. Some will swear that one is sooo much faster than the other etc. I think they are comparable plows in overall production. I think its more a matter of personal preference and dealer location/support than anything.

    I'd imagine the 8611lp would be a little more productive than the 9.5' MVP due to the extra 1.5' when fully extended.

    I personally like the MVP a little more due to the ultramount setup and the Vee feature for extremely deep driveways and breaking up and moving packed piles. I'm not very found of the local Blizzard dealer either for various reasons.

    My $.02
     
  3. T-MAN

    T-MAN PlowSite.com Addict
    Messages: 1,363

    This has been beaten to death here. The V will work wonders for breaking trail, for heavy drifting on roads or private drives. When the 9'6" V i sin scoop you have an 8' V bucket. When the low pro is in scoop you have a 10' containment plow that works well going around corners. The capacity of the LO pro is a lot more then a V.
    You need to decide what is best for you ? DO I need a V ? No I dont, our accounts are all commercial and salted. I like to estimate my uses when purchasing equipment. If I might need a V 1% of the time, then why purchase it when I can use something more efficient for the other 99% of the time ?
    We plow with the storm so the accounts never get so bad we have any real use for a v. For production the Lo pro will be more efficient, to me that is money in the bank. I own 810's and for windrowing a lot they rock. No farting around pulling wings off in tight spots. Guys will say get the V with wings, again what percentage do I need a V ? :confused:
     
  4. mikeslawncare

    mikeslawncare Junior Member
    Messages: 12

    Why fool around with a 8611lp. You've got enough truck to handle the full size 8611. Trust me, it's well worth the difference in price. Taller with more curl on the moldbold, rolls snow much nicer than the 810 series plows and it's built like a tank! wesport
     
  5. jsaunders

    jsaunders Senior Member
    Messages: 103

    Yes- F550 go with the full size 8611 a tank and a awsome plow