1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

9.5 MVP Pro V-Plow

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by tilawn, Feb 27, 2008.

1. tilawn

tilawn Member

I have a new 9.5 V-plow on a F-550 My question is does anybody have any problems when u go to put it in the "scoop" position that the passenger side is slower than the other and also when going back to the "vee" position the same side is slower again. Western told my dealer that it is normal but i have my doubts. Thank You for any help you can give.

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

I've yet to see an MVP (or any Vee for that matter) that extend/retracted the wings at exactly the same speed during scoop or V.

Much of it is due to the hydo circuit differences between the right and left wing.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2008
  3. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Primary vs secondary circuits. All hydraulics that share a pump will prioritize one function or another.

You don't trust the manufacturer to understand their product, but you trust us:cool:?

4. tilawn

tilawn Member

just thought i would ask cause i ahave an older Boss 8'2" V an d both sides funtion in simutaneous together

5. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

I have a new 8.5 MVP. My wings don't move at the same speed either. I didn't really think any thing about it.

6. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Spring returns as opposed to DA cylinders

7. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Makes a difference... they will retract at close to the same speed in many cases due to the spring return but they still wont extend at the exact same speed due to the "priority circuit" as Basher stated. And is completely normal on a Boss too..

8. tilawn

tilawn Member

ok thanks guys just wanted some other opinions on this. Thought the springs might make a difference but wasn t sure. Also niew to Western plows personally. Thanks for the info.

9. scottL

scottL PlowSite.com Addict

I'd swear my MVP Plus wings moved exactly the same speed for the first 2 plows ... Now, there is a difference. Can't say that is has affected me in any way.

10. tilawn

tilawn Member

mine did at first also that is why i was asking about it.

11. Mowman62531

Mowman62531 Member

My blade doesn't move at the same speed either, hasn't affected me any either. This was the best blade I have ever owned!