1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

9.5 mvp on a 3500 srw longbox

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by EXR, Mar 4, 2012.

1. EXR

EXR Senior Member

I am going to replace my gm this spring with a 1 ton srw crew longbox.
    Can't swing a new gm and haven't seen many used 2011's in that config.
    Did find a 2010 dodge 3500 srw crew longbox diesel low kms for a good price.
    I tried finding info on a 9.5 on one but theres not much out there on it.

Any idea what would need to be done to the front and is this a good or bad idea?
    I also am going to mount a 2yd salter in the box.

2. Triple L

Triple L PlowSite Fanatic
    from Canada

install the blade and salter and drive the thing...
  3. 90plow

90plow Senior Member

You could change the springs to a kore or carli spring to hold the weight better. Cummins are good motors I have two but the front ends are a little weak as far as ball joints and u joints go.
  4. MrPLow2011

MrPLow2011 Senior Member
    from Boston

front ends on 2nd gens are weak. My 3rd gens front end is great. I just finally lost a ball joint at 135k. Also buy a set of XRF ball joints when you need to do them, Only $250 for a set of 4 and they last

Also that plow will be over the limit. May want to consider that for warranty issues. But as long as it doesnt break down with plow on you should be fine
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2012
  5. Pushin 2 Please

Pushin 2 Please PlowSite Veteran

Nuff said!