1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

9.5' Extreme V Center Pin Breakage

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by MYWAYINVT, Jan 11, 2008.

1. MYWAYINVT

MYWAYINVT Junior Member
    from vermont

As a new car dealer we install and service Fisher plows. One of our customers is running a 9.5' Extreme V with SS blade on a '07 F350 diesel dump with sander (or ballast). This customer is breaking a lot of center pins and subsequently breaking the rams (one punched a hole in the blade!). We've sold a few of these and this is the only customer with this issue. This customer is not known for abusing their vehicles- on the contrary, their trades are sought after. The only feedback from the field is that back dragging may be an issue. Needless to say, we're not getting a lot of support with warrantying these breakages. Any thoughts? Thanks.

2. YardMedic

YardMedic PlowSite.com Addict

Well it's said that these plows aren't backdragging as well as others, but I can't believe that there's more force on the pins or pivot points in reverse than we put on them pushing forward. For one thing, there's only a fraction of the volume being dragged, and the force & speed in reverse are so much less than moving forward as well.

3. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn PlowSite.com Addict

email me - in my signature line, I have an idea for you.

4. tkrepairs

tkrepairs Senior Member
    from maine

do you have any pictures of what these look like after they break? and why are there warranty issues? sounds like a mechanical defect to me....

5. BoulderBronco

BoulderBronco Senior Member

Yeah lets see some pics. Mine is 8.5' new this year. I can't believe someone could break that pin unless you slammed something doing 20mph+. Not to mention breaking multiple ones. Just doesn't add up.