1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

9.2 VXT Sagging when Stacking

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by monteballz, Dec 27, 2010.

1. monteballz

monteballz Member
    from Maine

When i've got the plow in the scoop position and i'm going to stack some snow. As i'm comming up the snow bank (raising the plow) the whole plow sags down. It doesnt matter how early i start raising the plow its doing it every time. Can I fix this by just tightening the springs underneath? I'm assuming that this is not normal.

2. P&M Landscaping

P&M Landscaping Senior Member

The V's that I run at work commonly do that as well. I believe it is a normal issue, and its just the force of the snow on the plow causing it to "trip"

3. Pinky Demon

Pinky Demon PlowSite.com Addict
    from Ohio

Nope, mine does that too depending on how heavy the snow is. The trick I've found is you need to retract the wings back a bit so you have more of a straight blade otherwise the plow gets pulled in and it trips.

4. coldcoffee

coldcoffee Senior Member

I straighten mine out as well, not all at once, but by time it's on top of the stack it's straight. If it's going against an existing pile, you may be putting too much force on the wings, causing them to flex...which I really try to avoid doing. Once above the frozen stuff (usually when doing clean up) I sometimes will put the blade back into scoop (on top of the pile, and as long as there is no strain), which gives a really nice clean stack in tight areas.

5. monteballz

monteballz Member
    from Maine

Should I tighten the trip springs a little? Perhaps they are breaking in a little and could use a turn or two?

6. lawnproslawncar

lawnproslawncar Senior Member

My dealer has told me that 2" of thread past the nut on the trip springs is the best performance. This is where I set mine and it works great. Does Not...Does Not prevent the sagging. These are big plows and they need to give or something else will.

7. lawnproslawncar

Maybe B&B will chime in. He usually has all the answers to these topics.

8. zjm

zjm Senior Member

I havent got the hang of stacking yet, but mine does the same thing
    This plow really out performs a straight blade

9. theplowmeister

theplowmeister 2000 Club Member
    from MA

Dont you just love FULL trip plows:yow!:

10. Jewell1386

Jewell1386 Senior Member

had my boss v for almost 8 years same problem and you according to my local dealer when i had to replace the A frame should be able to slide a sheet of paper between coils or a little more and that is tight enough.

11. White Knight

White Knight Member

Lots of weight out front when the plow is in scoop!

12. zjm

zjm Senior Member

Damn straight there guyThumbs Up

13. lawnproslawncar

I'm going to contact boss and see what they say. Stay tuned.

14. SMillerHD

SMillerHD Member
    from IN

Yes I do love full trip plows...

You need to straiten the blade every time you go to stack, there is no real reason to stack in scoop.

15. lawnproslawncar

No real reason is true. However I do find it worry some when I try to lift over grass to start the stack farther back, always have to worry about ripping sod up with the edges.

16. HEStufrthnnails

HEStufrthnnails Senior Member

Have you had the trip assembly apart lately? Or has anyone else ? Reason I ask is because in the first storm we had I broke the main pin and had it all rebuilt and in the rebuild process the guy made an honest mistake and hooked the lower end of the T-bar below the proper point and I coudn'nt even lift it all the way up and it would trip. Well after looking at it ,seen the problem , loosened the springs re-hooked and back in business. But before this I've never had my plow trip while stacking. For it to trip defeats the ability to stack all together. I mean with in reason. If your crowding a bank your going to trip.

17. monteballz

monteballz Member
    from Maine

Plow is brand new. Thats why I was thinking that maybe the springs stretch out a tiny bit with the first few uses and maybe need tightening. Just a thought.

18. FisherVMan

FisherVMan Senior Member

19. lawnproslawncar

I know your enjoying this thread fishervman but I have had westerns including a MVP. Trip endge is nice somedays but the boss holds up a lot better and I can break through more trails than I ever could with the MVP.

Not starting a argument....just saying....

20. FisherVMan

FisherVMan Senior Member

I hear ya lawnpro............... good luck with em.
    Happy Holidays!