1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

9.2 V Leans to one side

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by jdr160, Nov 15, 2005.

1. jdr160

jdr160 Junior Member

I just installed a 9.2 V plow RT2 on my 99 Dodge 2500 Sb with Cummins. First off, wow is that heavy! If my truck is sitting on level ground with the plow up a few inches it is obviouse that my plow is leaning towards the pass side of my truck. It might be as much as 1.5 - 2 inches. Anyone have any idea what is causing this? Is there somethign ai can do to level both sides out... Any help would greatly be appreciated.
    jaredrimmer@hotmail.com

2. DaySpring Services

DaySpring Services PlowSite.com Addict

Maybe you have a broken spring? just something to check out really fast.

3. Bldrs83

Bldrs83 Member

Does the cutting edge meet the ground flush weather in scoop or vee position? If so, is the cutting edge worn down even on both sides (is the same amount of cutting edge left from the moldboard to the bottom of the cutting edge?) If the plow is bent and been used a great deal since being bent, one side of the cutting edge may have 3" left but the other side may only have 1" left giving the illusion that it sits square while on the ground but becomes noticable when raised up.

4. jdr160

jdr160 Junior Member

Currently I have the cutting edges removed as I am going to replace the hardware and repaint the plow. Even with the cutting edges removed, it is still evident that the plow is leaning towards the pass side.

5. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Is your plow pin all the way thru ?

6. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

Cheek it over, is it hooked up right , is anything bent or broken, then cheek your tire pressure.

7. mr.plow 2

mr.plow 2 Member

check the truck mount make sure the mount has the same space two ground on both side,s:rolleyes:

8. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Do what the last 2 posts say then take the plow off and bounce up and down on the truck check the play then you'll know if its the truck or the plow.

9. Makndust

Makndust Senior Member

I hate to say this but if the plow isn't damaged/bent then it's either the springs or tire pressure on the truck. Like said before, dismount plow and check to see that the truck mount is paralell to the gound. If it is then it isn't the mount itself. Good Luck.

10. Norman B

Norman B Junior Member

You bent your Aframe on the plow it's ment to bend on the v plow I had to replace one on my 9"V one ton dump thats alot of weight pushing on the plow when you hit something. Not a big deal to have replaced.

11. fulltiltwill

fulltiltwill Senior Member

I would say it is your A frame. If everything else checks out.

12. procut1

procut1 Senior Member

Thats the pain of the Boss v with the quick hitch...... If you hit something the plow frame bends easy, sometime the truck frame, and because the frame and plow are essentially one piece they wont sit level