1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

9.2 V broken lower right wing

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by APLC, Oct 23, 2011.

1. APLC

APLC Senior Member

Well I picked this plow up on a great deal from a company that was basically bankrupt. the lower part of the hing in broken on the right side and it looks like some half ASS WELDER tried to fix it but looks like they did more damage then anything. has anyone ever fixed this? also what does a wing normally cost (9.2 v Steel RT3)? I am a pretty good welder and also own a great welder so i could fix this but just wanted a little inside info from other boss owners. Also this happened because this plow was on a F450 dump truck with crappy drivers and a company that didn't care. other then this piece this plow functions prefectally and still looks good

Thanks in advance

image (2).jpg

image.jpg

2. framer1901

framer1901 Senior Member

That is probably the weakest point on a Boss Vee, and not everyone owns great welders or has the time and skill to fix that.

The blade is probably bent and you'll only get it back to correct so much so we make new lower hinge pieces, cut it all apart, bend it back as good as you can and weld it back together. A bunch of work. New wing is maybe 900-1000 something like that.

Some like their plows perfect and scratch free - we prefer them to function. A slightly bent wing in my mind is no big deal, put a new one on and a guy hits a manhole cover and you're back to bent again................

Take the time now to fix it right and it'll last till you hit something, just like a new wing would.

3. APLC

APLC Senior Member

Thanks i figured this was a common place to be broken, i will try my best to fix what i can and throw some paint on this baby and plow plow plow thanks a lot FRAMER1901 :drinkup:

4. Bossman 92

Bossman 92 PlowSite.com Addict

Like framer said, it can be fixed. I had one break 2 years ago and we didn't catch it untill it broke half way up the blade. A little bit of heat, big hammer, then a good welder and it was back on the road. Plowed all last season and not a problem.

Good luck, Andrew

5. Dewey

Dewey Senior Member

Ditto.... been there done that no big deal

6. APLC

APLC Senior Member

Cool thanks

7. IC-Smoke

IC-Smoke Senior Member

8. framer1901

framer1901 Senior Member

That lower hinge piece that is broke thru and thru - we cut the broken one out and make a new one to weld back in, instead of trying to weld it back together. Before we put the new one in though we try to straighten that portion of the plow as best we can - sometimes we have to cut a few welds on the blade and bend it bit by bit.

Yes we are tough on equipment. I really think we can trace ever bad break back to one of three roads we do, manhole covers that when you hit them just right, you really hit them.

9. Earthscapes

Earthscapes Senior Member
    from WNY

Boss actually makes & sells the repair bottom hinge piece. I just fixed mine today and went to pickup new spring eye bolts seen it on the shelve. I was like must be a common issue and the dealer just laughed. Seems its more common on the 9'2"'s than the 8'2"'s.

10. APLC

APLC Senior Member

Do you have a part number? I'm looking for this piece. Thanks for your help

11. Earthscapes

from WNY

Let me make a call tomorrow.

12. framer1901

framer1901 Senior Member

I thought someone told me that a dealer close by had some of those made up - didn't realize it was actually a part.

Oh well, got to use the plasma cutter.

13. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Replacement lower hinge yoke weldments are available.

BAX00090 for the LH wing
    BAX00094 for the RH wing

14. APLC

APLC Senior Member

Thanks B&B I will check in those today

15. Earthscapes

from WNY

Thanks Thumbs Up

16. APLC

APLC Senior Member

Well called my local dealer he knew nothing of the part LOL and said he would order a few and had no idea how much they would be. Thanks for all the help will post some pics of the plow all fixed up

17. REAPER

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

Is that Extreme on Ravine Road?

18. APLC

APLC Senior Member

Yep sure is they are some cool guys over there, they even ordered a few just to have in stock they always help me out when I need it.

19. REAPER

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

Yeah they are great to work with and deal with. They have helped me out a few times when I use to plow over there. Thumbs Up
    Surprised they did not have that part in stock actually. ussmileyflag

20. bossman34

bossman34 Member

suscribed. I want to see those pics. I am hoping not to hit anything this year!