1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

9.2 V Boss owners!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by ford6.9, Sep 4, 2007.

1. ford6.9

ford6.9 Senior Member

Arlight i have been looking for a plow for my 2003 F350 SWR 6.0 Diesel Reg. cab long bed,and i just put down some money on a 9.2 v boss. the guys at the shop were trying to push me into an 8.2v. Do yall think i went too big? If anyone has this plow on their truck please let me know if you wish you had gone down to an 8.2v or still think the 9.2 was the better buy. THANKS!

2. Snow-Kid

Snow-Kid Senior Member
    from nw ohio

I have the same truck as yours but mine is a 2006 and I have the 9.2 poly v and there is no way I would put a 8.2 on my truck and I really like my plow. You can never have to big of a plow.

3. ford6.9

ford6.9 Senior Member

thanks for letting me hear that! i really started to second guess myself when they were trying to get me into a 8.2v. love to hear from others too!

4. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Some guys on here will say there isn't enough truck for the plow. HAHAH!

5. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

You'd be foolish to go with the 8'2".

6. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

The 9'2 is a must.

7. NLS1

NLS1 Senior Member

Good choice, love mine!

8. exmark1

exmark1 PlowSite.com Addict

I have 2 8'6" V Plows and there are times where I wish I had bigger ones! Go with the 9'2"

9. Bossman 92

Bossman 92 PlowSite.com Addict

I have an 8'2" and a 9'2", and both have their own applications. I have quite a few smaller lots and like the smaller plow for those but for the larger lots you can't beat the larger plow. I hate plowing with the 9'2" then plowing with the 8'2", it feels like you are plowing with a 4' plow :dizzy: If I could only use 1 it would be the 9'2".

Good Luck and post some pics Bossman

10. You definately made the right choice with the 9.2. I have an 8.6 western straight blade with pro wings on my extended cab, always said I would be taking the wings off alot, but I have yet to ever take em off once.....Plenty of power, dont worry about it....I still plow driveways with mine too....