1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

9-2 rt3 v plow problems

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by rblake, Jan 6, 2009.

1. rblake

rblake Senior Member
    from dayton

Went out salting this morning and the plow was slow to come up and would not go into the scoop on the passenger side, so i waited till i got back to the shop to look at it. Solenoid was clicking and the plow would only come up maybe 1/2 inch. Installed a new solenoid, check connections, cleaned wires on the motor, and check fluid level. Still the plow only comes up slightly. Did notice that when i placed a test light on the other side of the solenoid, the light was very dim. Wires to the solenoid looked good. Did put a jump box on the pump it self just for a second and the motor did run. Any thoughts???

2. LawnProLandscapes

LawnProLandscapes PlowSite.com Addict

check all your grounds. when you try moving the plow is there any sparking down by the truck side mount?

3. Turbodiesel

Turbodiesel Senior Member

grounds .......harness......... fluid??

4. JDiepstra

JDiepstra PlowSite.com Addict

I know this seems obvious but check your connectors between your truck and your plow. Another guy had same problem last week and he had a lot of corrosion in his plugs. Hope it works out to be that easy for you.

5. Turbodiesel

Turbodiesel Senior Member

Load up on dielectric grease. They love that stuff.

6. LawnProLandscapes

LawnProLandscapes PlowSite.com Addict

on that note check for to see that all the connectors are in the plow side 13 pin. i know alot of people that have had problem with them breaking off.

also check corrosion on the hookups to the valve block,

7. JDiepstra

JDiepstra PlowSite.com Addict

Any updates? Plow working better?

8. rblake

rblake Senior Member
    from dayton

Been salting the last two days - which is good. Anways, you will never believe what the problem was. We checked all of the cables, checked the valves, cables, grounds. Turned out that the extension post for the positve battery was bad. Its solid metal. Connection was tight. Replaced it with a new one and the plow works fine. Did not make sense to us but who knows.