1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

9.2 Poly V Problems.

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by Mark13, Aug 6, 2012.

1. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

I have an older (2003) 9.2 Poly Vee that needs some work and I'm curious to see if anyone has any suggestions as to where my problem lies. Without pictures or a video of what it's doing it may be tough but I'll try and explain it the best I can.

When hooking up the blade the mount height on the plow is to high causing it to ride up over the mount on my truck instead of into it. If I pull up to the plow so my mount is touching, get out and jump on the back of the A-Frame where the pins are I can get it to push down under the top tabs of the mount on my truck and then it's good to go. When I unhook the plow the A-Frame "springs" up once I back the truck out. It moves up a good 4" or more and gives the lights and pump a pretty good jerk. The A-Frame will stay tipped way up like this until I want to hook up again in which I have to go through my hook up process I just described.

I have also noticed that my blade won't scrape evenly after I upgraded to the molded edges about 3/4 of the way through the season. It worked fine with the old style edges with the center shoe until I cracked an edge and went with the newer style. When I just set the blade on the ground in "Vee" position the center of the blade (right at the hinge) will sit off the ground a couple inches. If I drive forward I can see the whole blade tip down and it seems to sit on the ground pretty good then. It seems that my drivers side wing doesn't sit at the same angle as the passengers side wing when looking at how it meets the ground (attack angle). It looks like the wing is pushed back or the framework where the edge bolts on is twisted down giving the edge more of a vertical attack angle.

My thought is that my A-Frame is bent or twisted but I could be missing something else wrong with my blade. I suppose I could have multiple things going on also.

2. DIRISHMAN

DIRISHMAN PlowSite Veteran

Wow mark that SUCKS sorry to hear that .Give Jim a call at ESI .He is a Reputiable Dealer unlike the POND SCUM we have over here :D

3. DIRISHMAN

DIRISHMAN PlowSite Veteran

Sorry Mark Gotta Do this You can let OLDOGG Drive your truck and plow, and we could all GARENTEE HELL GET THE OTHER WING SIDE TO MATCH THE ONETHAT IS TWEAKED....................................:laughing:

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Sounds like the whole problem is the center bumper is missing from the push frame. Is it there? Doesn't sound like it.

5. Jim@esitrucks

Jim@esitrucks Inactive

Like Mike said, theres a triangular shaped rubber bumper there...or supposed to be, can be major head ache if its missing

6. Garagekeeper

Garagekeeper Senior Member

Mark...
    When your ready give me a call and we'll check out your blade.
    :rolleyes: John...

7. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

Thanks for all the replies, I'm going to try to get a chance to look at my blade here in the next few days and see what I find.

Hopefully it's something simple vs a costly rebuild of multiple things.

8. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

Finally got a chance to go and get it from storage and take a look at it. Here's pictures of everything I've found.

Is this the rubber bumper your talking about? I'd guess it's probably spun 180* from what it should be on the A Frame?
    [​IMG]

Few cracks and my messed up edge mount. Along with a broken stop.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

Couple more.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Been holding up well but for 9yrs old. I guess I can't expect to much to last that long and not fail eventually with the abuse plows get.

10. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

Any thoughts from any one about it?

11. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Don't see anything that can't be persuaded back into position and welded up. Just need a little time and muscle and a GOOD welder for the repairs to last.

The center bumper is definitely backward and it looks like it's been that way for along time. And while you have the plow apart for the other repairs that would be a good time to drill the bumper bolt hole out and weld an actual threaded insert to get rid of the self tapper. They've long been the cause of the center bumpers not staying put Especially on an older unit with allot of use/abuse/neglect under it's belt. Red thread locker is your friend there too.