1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

9.2 Poly V, Left Wing Creeps.

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by Mark13, Jan 28, 2011.

1. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

I have a 2003 Boss 9.2 Poly V, my problem is that when the left wing is anywhere but retracted all the way back, it tries to creep. If I leave the plow up in the air and position both wings so it's straight and walk away for a few minutes to shovel, by the time I come back the right wing is still straight where I left it, but the left wing has started to retract itself. It's not the end of the world but it gets kinda annoying. Anyone have any ideas what could be wrong? The plow is only in it's 3rd season of use and is serviced before each winter and is in very good shape.

2. WilliamOak

WilliamOak PlowSite.com Addict

It's probably that lime green sticker... lol

3. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Pull the left and right wing retract valves out and swap them side to side. If the issue switches sides too then inspect and clean the valve. It's seldom necessary to replace one.

If after swapping the valves it remains on the left side then remove, disassemble, clean, and inspect the left wing relief valve (or swap those side to side as a quick test also). However, if you disassemble one, turn it's adjustment screw in until fully seated counting the turns so you can get it back where it was during re-assembly.