1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

9.2 Boss with wings

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by spacolee, Oct 15, 2005.

1. spacolee

spacolee Member
    from canada

Anyone on here running a Boss 9.2 with wings on a 3/4 Ton. A friend of mine is thinking of doing this and asked me what I thought. I think if he puts on timberns he would be fine. If any one is doing this please let me know thank you

2. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

3/4 ton what? My buddy runs a 9.2 steel on a F250 and I run an 8.2 poly on my F250. No problems. I had another spring added to each side in the front to level the truck out and it also holds the plow without even squatting.

3. spacolee

spacolee Member
    from canada

3/4 ton Ford crew cab gas 2005. Does he run wings on the 9.2? He is looking to buy the Boss wings.

4. Jt13speed

Jt13speed Senior Member

First of all If its a gas truck it should hold fine. Second of all if its a 2005 he should find out if it has the 5200, 5600 or 6000 pound front axle, because ford upgraded the plow prep axle options.