1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

9.2 boss vxt on chevy 2500 hd

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by cmlawncare99, Dec 2, 2008.

1. cmlawncare99

cmlawncare99 Junior Member

I am trying to decide if i want to put a 8.2 or a 9.2 vxt boss plow on a 01 2500 HD chevy with a snow plow prep package ordered out of Michigan. Some guys are telling me that the 9-2 is to much weight for the truck. If anyone has a 2500 HD with a 9-2 vxt let me know how it fits.
  2. salopez

salopez Senior Member

I believe that is too large for your truck.
  3. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

A friend has the 9.2 0n his. Just need to kick the wings out a little so they don't scrape the ground.
  4. cmlawncare99

cmlawncare99 Junior Member

How do you like your wideout? I was considering one but i havent heard much feedback from guys who have been running them
  5. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

Im putting a 9'2 V XT on my 2004 2500HD thursday.
  6. lilweeds

lilweeds PlowSite.com Addict

Not that you asked me, but reviews on the wideout have been mixed. The XLS has faired much better. Better yet how about a 810 Blizzard.
  7. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Regular cab, or extended? Regular cab, I think you would be fine. I'm not real familiar with Boss. What's the weight?
  8. DCSpecial

DCSpecial Senior Member
    from IL

9. premiereman

premiereman Junior Member

Boss v 8.2

I have a Boss V 8.2 on my 04 chevy 2500 hd and I will tell you that a 9.2 vxt is to much for the trucks suspension. The 8.2 v is the right application for this truck.
  10. Farm Boss

Farm Boss Senior Member

And I will say I have the 9.2 VXT with a set of timbrens up front. Reg cab truck. Handles the plow great, I wouldn't want it any bigger nor smaller. If you put the 8.2 regular v on and add wings its actually heavier than mine. JMO but I like my set up.
  11. Earthscapes

Earthscapes Senior Member
    from WNY

Funny seeing I run a 9.2 with wings and it handles it fine.
  12. salopez

salopez Senior Member

truthfully I love the wideout. I havent had any trouble with it riding up over snow as others have.
  13. 04superduty

04superduty PlowSite.com Addict

you truck has no suspension modifications and the wings dont drag at all? thats pretty good, usually you need to crank the torsion bars up or add a leveling hit.
    also what is your front GVWR? for some reason 4800 lbs comes to mind.
  14. dhadaway632

dhadaway632 Member

I have two 2500HD's they do fine with 9'2" just tighten up the torsion bars.
  15. Enzo

Enzo Senior Member

my new f350 holds the plow good but when its folded back the blade is about 4 inches off the ground on the corners. So I would think a 2500 wouldnt hold it that well you might have to beef up the front suspension
  16. Earthscapes

Earthscapes Senior Member
    from WNY

Timbrens, 4 turns and a salter in the back for ballast.
    The wings actually never hit, but the curb guards on the edges do if I take a corner at an unreasonable speed.

Not sure on the GVWR and don't really care.
  17. mullis56

mullis56 Senior Member
    from Indiana

I have no problems...9'2" xt on CC short bed diesel. Have to fold wings out slightly when driving and all is good! 1' extra makes a difference when plowing! IMO
  18. 04superduty

04superduty PlowSite.com Addict

as long as you dont have a diesel or crew cab you will be fine on the front end. otherwise you are overloading it by almost 1000 lbs.
  19. hdcust

hdcust Junior Member

I have a 08 3500 chassis and Boss doesnt recomend putting either of V plows on the truck. In other words they wont warrenty the plow if something breaks.
  20. windrowsnow

windrowsnow Senior Member
    from nw ohio

my buddy plows for a company who runs 9'2" on there 2500 chevies no problems......now im looking at going with a western wideout or a 9'2" V with wings on my 2500 dodge reg. cab....please give me feedback looking at ordering on monday from CPW.