1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

8ft Western plow set up

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by bigmudder77, Dec 26, 2008.

1. bigmudder77

bigmudder77 Senior Member
    from wooster

i got this western plow set up its an 8ft its in good shape has some rust but in good shape.

ill have to test it to see if it works tomorrow i got it on trade dont need it its too big

looking for best cash offers or trade offers

looking for a hitch salt spreader and some cash

a boss 7.6 rt3 set up

or let me know what you got pretty much in to any thing

it wasnt bolted to the dodge it was just sat there to get pics the guy said it came off a 1997 f-250 i dont know cause im not big in to plows and cant really tell but with the right work it can be mounted on about any thing that can support it. its pretty heavy

ill have to get pics tomorrow also there not loading

make offers or trade offers

nothing good by sunday its going on ebay so hurry up

2. bigmudder77

from wooster

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

here are some pics ill try to get better ones in the blade when i take it off the truck but this gives you an idea at least

Last edited: Dec 30, 2008
  3. bigmudder77

from wooster

no one is interested in even making an offer on this

4. 84deisel

84deisel Senior Member

that mount is considered obsolete by western so dont get offended if no one responds quickly just give it a little time.Most are runninig the unimount or ultra mount and most parts are not compatable.

5. forestfireguy

forestfireguy PlowSite.com Addict

Yeah, Thats an oldie....cable controls. I had one of those on an 86 f250 years ago, really was an awesome plow though, I always like the conventional mounts better than the newer stuff out there now, ultra mount westerns aren't bad but the uni mount was a real pain in the bottom!!!

6. bigmudder77

from wooster

ya i dont know much about plows had a friend that wanted to put it on his truck but now dont want to put a plow set up on his truck so im stuck with it and its heavy duty there is even a shock on plow frame lol

7. terrapro

terrapro PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

is this the behind the bumper type of mount? i have a dump that has one minus plow so this might be an option.

8. bigmudder77

from wooster

it looks like it i really dont know much about this set up other than its a 8ft western cable opp. plow set up

and i was told it was off a ford but i dont know for sure im just going by what the guy told me

9. bigmudder77

from wooster

well the pump most need rebuilt cause i can pick up the lifting arm on it

so make offers on it all or on what you want

10. bigmudder77

from wooster

still for sale

11. bigmudder77

from wooster

got the pump to work by jumping the motor i will get a solnoid to hook up to tha cabe controller to see if it will go up and down with that

just thought id update this

12. fine79

fine79 Junior Member
    from Kansas

Does it have the controller?....Sell Parts?

13. bigmudder77

from wooster

ya i have everything but the solnoid that the controller goes in to

14. fine79

fine79 Junior Member
    from Kansas

$100 + shipping for the pump/cables/controller?

15. bigmudder77

from wooster

for the pump lol no $250+ shipping.

the cables and the inside cab controller $150 shipped pm me so we can set it up

16. fine79

fine79 Junior Member
    from Kansas

new aftermarket is $129 w/cables...pass.

17. bigmudder77

from wooster

Then get them

i got $170 some thing for my last western set up on ebay

18. It is a behind the bumper setup. I had to remove my bumper to get mine to fit. I have the exact same plow. They are very troublesome units if the cables or cable set screws are stripped. More often than not the lift valve will be seized since these plows are about 30 years old. If the valve is messed up you're better off replacing the whole pump assembly. That is what I did anyways. I've spent about $3000 on getting mine running to it's fullest efficiency. Biggest mistake I ever made. Hopefully this guy's plow is in much better shape than mine was. I know one thing for sure, I'll never buy another cable operated plow unless it was free and even then I'd wheel and deal... lol

19. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

You wanna trade this plow for an rt3 boss? Gesh that seems crazy

20. bigmudder77

from wooster

ya i hate these plows never had much luck with them just selling them on ebay where people dont know much about plows and bid way more than there worth or on craigslist where some one wants to plow yet dont know the first thing about it and pay way to much for junk

but i dont need the rt3 set up any more i got every thing but the truck bracket (cause i already had that) got all that for $1000 stopped at a gas station to get gas and a guy asked me how much i didnt really wanna sell it but i just said $3500 and i will even give you a brand new mounting bracket for a 2002-2008 dodge 1500. he got my number said he had a friend looking for one he told his friend and his friend came down and paid cash for it all so im not gonna be putting a plow on my dodge any more i have enought problems keeping the bronco II going and thats just for my drive and i blew a tranny out of my plow mower seems like when ever i get a little ahead i got slammed with broken stuff

so ya no more trades for a rt3 set up dont have the time to put it on my truck any ways and id hate to pay some one to do it

might trade for a good set up for a 1987-1992 i think ranger or bronco II i have an 1988 so any thing that would fit that