1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

8ft MM2 snow foil question

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by ss502gmc, Jan 16, 2010.

1. ss502gmc

ss502gmc Senior Member

Was wondering if someone could tell me if a snow foil from the older style Blades would bolt up to a mm2. I have a chance to buy one for $100 but not sure if it will bolt up. Any input would be great

2. camaro 77

camaro 77 Senior Member
    from ma

Idon't think it will they make 3 or 4 different one it could be made to fit i'm sure

3. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

If it's the same length, it should fit. You might have to drill some holes. The only time I would run a Snow Foil is if I did mostly roads.

4. GPS

GPS Senior Member
    from MA

There is a difference in the spacing of the vertical ribs on older Fisher plows vs. the newer ones. Best thing to do would be to try to just match it up against your plow to see if it will line up.

I believe that the old style 8' snofoils were one piece. The newer style kit is a sectional setup that bolts together (3 pieces).

5. SuperdutyShane

SuperdutyShane PlowSite.com Addict

The SnoFoil 8852 I believe the numbers are, which is the older one piece, will bolt up to an 8ft mm2 with no problems.

6. ss502gmc

ss502gmc Senior Member

Ok i will see if the guy will measure it up for me