1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

8ft mm2 blinker problem

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Hegartydirtwork, Feb 12, 2013.

1. Hegartydirtwork

Hegartydirtwork Senior Member

I noticed a problem with my blinkers last storm, if I turn the clearance lights on they come on and the blinkers work fine, if I turn my low beams on, the clearance lights come on and the blinkers work fine, if I turn my high beams on the clearance lights/blinkers go out and do not work. Then when you go back to low beams or clearance lights only, the clearance lights work but won't blink. Please don't tell me to not use the high beams. I am going to try and have my dealer look at it next week but just wanted some feedback from the plowsite pros!

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

clearance lights????------parking lights you mean??

do the parking lights go out on the tk as well or just the plow??

3. Hegartydirtwork

Yeah parking lights, the amber or orange lights. They only go out on the plow ever have a problem with the truck, I am almost wondering if its a grounding problem or connection problem with the bulbs.

4. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Seems like gnd issue to me as well. Like there gnding through the high beams. Did you look at fishers website for the wiring diag?
    Did you install or was it installed. How old, warranty??

5. Hegartydirtwork

The plow is around ten years old, the truck side is new this year, I bought this blade used ran it in my last truck and now this truck, it's been fantastic.

6. Hegartydirtwork

So as it turns out the fuse box on the truck was corroded badly and needed replacing.

7. Hegartydirtwork

Never mind that didn't fix it either, bak to the dealer in the am

8. BBC co

BBC co PlowSite.com Addict

corrosion can penetrate wire length, if there was corrosion at the box and you had plow wiring near it could have gone up the wire in the casing. I know If you use a fisher replacement wire harness they tell you to strip off 16" or some thing at connections may apply also to your situation just a thought good luck with it

9. Hegartydirtwork

It was a broken wire somewhere the mechanics were gone before I picked the truck up