1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

8ft meyer SS Spreader questions

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by ss502gmc, Oct 5, 2014.

1. ss502gmc

ss502gmc Senior Member

I just bought a new to me spreader for $500 with 10.5hp Briggs. Motor runs great all bearings seem to be good. The guy said it was used last season until drag chain broke. So I need a new one. Any recommendations on a good place online to buy? Also the clutch is froze up solid so I need a new one of those also. I found one on central parts for $162 they have conveyor chains also but not sure which one I need. They only thing the spreader is missing is the top screen. Any easy way to make one? Thanks in advance guys.

2. slplow

slplow PlowSite.com Veteran

Atlantic plow blade in taunton ma or hp fairfield in worcester ma for drag chain. hp most likely have bolth chain and clutch. Last time I bought a chain atlantic was cheaper than buying on line. I also get my cutting edges from them. ( buy far the best price around)

3. ss502gmc

ss502gmc Senior Member

Thank you, I'll check them out!