1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

8FT Fisher MM HD Plow for Sale - $3,200.

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by monty5186, Mar 10, 2011.

1. monty5186

monty5186 Junior Member

Selling my 8ft Fisher plow. One of my friends was getting rid of his 8ft X Blade and owed me some money, so I took the X blade because its lighter on my 2500. Located in Stamford, CT. Cutting Edge included.

IMAG0005.jpg

IMAG0006.jpg

2. MrPLow2011

MrPLow2011 Senior Member
    from Boston

LOL What? Fisher HD plow complete 717 pounds Fisher X blade complete 790 pounds.

Yeah I can see how that would be easier on the front end. You are the not first person that I have heard say that BTW

But good luck with your sale. Your a bit high on price. And its Spring. 2 major things you dont have going for you. looks like a decent plow you should not have any issue selling at the right price. Also keep in mind that looks like it will need a cutting soon

Last edited: Mar 11, 2011
  3. monty5186

monty5186 Junior Member

What about the weight with the addition of a cutting edge, wouldn't that outweigh the X blade?? Not sure how it will need a cutting edge when a new one was put on a couple weeks ago, as shown in the pics.

4. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

No the Xblade weighs more regardless - the Xblade also has a cutting edge, its just a center punch, not a top punch like the HD's. Your about $1,000 off on your price even in season. In the fall you may get $2500 for it.

5. YardMedic

YardMedic PlowSite.com Addict

You're being pretty generous for JUST the plow side and a 5+ year old plow.

6. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

In season here this past year plow only has been listing at about $2500 locally (including the used dealer up in Maine reselling everything he buys off Craigslist for under that).
    I just bought a 2004 in a little lesser condition (rust on the headgear) that this one for $1200 this past Monday.

7. monty5186

monty5186 Junior Member

What do you guys pay for a new blade...just the plow 1/2??? Cost in CT is 4,200+. $3200 for a plow in great shape like this, is a pretty fair price.

8. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Right, which is why I said he was about a thousand off even in season. He may be able to get $2500 in the fall when everybody is buying them and paying too much.

Same here, anywhere from $2200-$2500 plowside only.

New really doesn't matter since your plow is not new. Like was stated yours is a couple years old, used, and your price needs to reflect that. Plus why would someone purchase your plow when everyone else in your area and ours is pricing them at $2000-$2500. Fishers are a dime a dozen in New England, Your asking newer Xblade pricing on your plow.

9. BillyRgn

BillyRgn Senior Member

3200 plus the 1500 it is going to cost for push plates and wiring put on a truck = 4700 for a plow that is probably about 5 years old, your gonna have to re think your asking, in theory your better off buying a new plow and getting a warranty. It would be real hard to pay top dollar and then sit on it for a year.

10. brad96z28

brad96z28 PlowSite.com Addict

Ya I have a 2 year old 2009 8ft hd id sell for 2200.

11. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

Exactly - new cost of a blade is little reflection on a used one unless it's led a sheltered life- personel use only, washed immediately, parked inside all the time...

Even then - AS was said it'a another $1000 to $1500 for the truck side stuff which puts it back into new blade prices. You might be able to get that kind of money around you, and I wish you luck in doing so, but you're not likely to do so this time of year, or on here.
    FWIW, I know I can have a brand new one delivered to my house (in the factory shipping crates) for right around $4500 and that's not something falling off a truck, or some friend of a friend.

12. brad96z28

Ya langs gets 4600 installed!

13. NHresident

NHresident Senior Member

I must of missed the part in the OP sellers thread where hes asking for opinions on whether hes priced right or not.I gotta laugh how everybodies piping up about how they think he's over priced.But if he was at $1500 for it.People would be blowing up his email acct trying to make 1st contact with him.So they can get down to CT to get it.ALL the while not saying boo that he is under.ALL the power to-em if he can get $3200

Last edited: Mar 12, 2011
  14. brad96z28

Sometimes people need to be told when there way out of line. A dose of reality is not a bad thing, U might want to try it sometime. I wish I could sell a 6 year old car for more then the price of a new one. If I posted something to that nature I would expect to get comments.

15. NHresident

NHresident Senior Member

I dont need to try it,Because I dont get off on critizing people just beacause their not in line with or thinking about something different then me unsolicited.The guy wants to sell something and he wants to ask what he wants for it.People in here are free to say or comment on whatever they want.But it doesn't mean its the positive thing to do.If he had asked what a good market price would be. and u told him what u thought and he came back with a # saying ur wrong it needs to be higher.Then "it;s game on " But unsolicited its just critisiing.

16. monty5186

monty5186 Junior Member

Just Sold it for 3,100.00. NHresident good stuff.

17. brad96z28

I will sell u my 09 8ft for 2200 and we can split what u get for it over that??/

18. monty5186

monty5186 Junior Member

I was in Taunton this Sunday. Its only a 3hr drive with a plow. Post an ad, on craigslist in CT you will get more then 2200

19. chs1993

chs1993 Senior Member

Well you found a Sucker then!

20. brad96z28

I sold a um few of them this year that way :) And no I wont get more for it then that ,espically this time of year.