1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

8ft Fisher hd plow only angles left

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Travis_216, Oct 26, 2014.

1. Travis_216

Travis_216 Junior Member

I went to try my 8ft fisher hd plow on my truck tonight and it only angles right, it won't lift or angle left. I have the joy stick not the fishstik controller. When I'm trying to lift or angle the blade you can hear it working but it won't move. Has anybody ever run into this problem?

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Ck your s3 coil, valve. Ck for power when the joystick is presses in up or right.

3. zlssefi

zlssefi Senior Member

do you have any quick connects on the hoses? if those arent engaged 100 percent they will allow one action and not the other.

4. dieselss

No, they won't. To angle say left, fluid is pushed out to the left ram and the right ram retracts through the hose and connector back to the reservoir. If the hose wasn't pushed in, the plow wouldn't move at all. Maybe twitch a little.

5. mrv8outboard

mrv8outboard Senior Member

Most likely the 3 pin harness right behind the molded plug you will find a broken wire.

6. LON

LON Senior Member

Pilot check (poppet style) is worn.

7. Travis_216

Travis_216 Junior Member

Thanks for all of the replies. Me and my buddy figured out after it was the connecter for the controller in the cab of my truck.

8. bjorn123

bjorn123 Junior Member

same problem

Travis 216, which wire was the culprit? I just ran into the same exact problem tonight. Everything up front checked out and I was stumped. Thanks,
    Bjorn

9. dieselss

The controller connector inside the trk

10. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

bjorn, These are all the things you need to check. Included cleaning the 3 pin connector at the bumper. Test light on S3 coil will tell if it is a wiring or valve problem.

11. Travis_216

Travis_216 Junior Member

Bjorn,

I'm not 100 percent sure which wire was to be honest. I'm replacing the connector itself because it seems like a bad connection in that.

12. Sealer People

Sealer People Senior Member

Im having the same problem today as I just hooked up & the plow only moved to the right.
    Even with the joystick pressing left and in the up position, the plow only moved to the right.
    Its stuck there now.

I lifted the plow & tightened the chain to keep it up in order to bring it in, but any other suggestions would be appreciated.

13. dieselss

Test light time.

14. Sealer People

I just used the test light.

my unit has 3 connectors / plugs.

The lighting has an issue where only one of the plow lights work.

The 2nd plug with 2 large prongs sticking out gives me no light up at the connection side when using the tester light.

& the 3rd three pronged plug only gives me light at one of the little prongs.(top one)

I hear the noise when trying to move the lever but no movement at all.

15. kimber750

So you got one plow light and only right movement with plow? Turn signals or park lights work? Right only is an odd problem for fisher. Means S2 is stuck and and S3 isn't working which is unlikely. I would guess possibly a control issue. Can you try a friends controller?

2 prong plug will only have power when trying to move plow. The 3 prong should power different ones depending on what action is being requested. If you only get power at one of the three no matter what action you request, I gotta still go with bad control.

16. Sealer People

Thanks very much,
    I gotta find someone around here with a controler I can try out.

17. kimber750

If nothing works on that one light I would check the ground on the side. If only one function is not working check the bumper connector and bulbs.