1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

89 Toyota Landcruiser needs plow

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by stevenadkins, Oct 16, 2003.

1. stevenadkins

stevenadkins Junior Member

I have a 1989 Toyota Landcruiser, 6cyl, auto,a/c,in need of a 6' set up. Any ideas on what product fits? I plan to plow driveways in coastal Connecticut.

2. Adams plowing

Adams plowing Senior Member

If i were you i would probaly check into a snowway or a homesteader they both make light plows.

Seth

3. tvpierce

tvpierce Senior Member
    from Maine

6-feet seems like a pretty short plow for a Land Cruiser. (I believe the stance on that is a little wider than a Toyota Pickup, right?) With a 6' plow angled, you won't be plowing a swath wide enough for the truck. I would think at least 6.5 foot, or better yet a 7 foot.

Just food for thought.

Jeff Pierce

4. wyldman

wyldman Member

I'm not real familiar with them,but I think they are a lot beefier than your typical small truck.It would probably do better with a bigger blade as suggested above.Not sure who all makes a mount for those trucks though.

A Snoway would be nice.I'd shy away from the plastic homeowner plows like the Fisher Homesteader though.

5. meyer22288

meyer22288 Senior Member

You would need a bigger plow then 6ft. i would go with a 7 or 7.5 size plow.:cool:

6. pjaln

pjaln Junior Member
    from mass.

i did a little research into using a 62 series for plowing the problem is the springs are too close or with the mm setup it would have to protrude to far in front of the truck and maybe hang down off the front ends of the frame ,overall i think it is not going to be too easy let me know how you make out paul

7. BOSS TOY

BOSS TOY Member

I put a Boss plow on my landcruiser, 2004 HZJ79 It does stick out farther than I woiuld like. It works good though.