1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

89 to 96 half ton differances??

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by kdxmudrider, Aug 9, 2010.

1. kdxmudrider

kdxmudrider Junior Member
    from mass

alright, i have an 89 silverado 1500 with a fisher plow on it. the frame is junk with most of everything else on the truck (whoever had this before me let it sit for 6 years). i just picked up a 96 silverado 1500 with hopes of taking the plow iff the 89 and putting it on this one. cant really find anything else online, can anyone help me out? thanks
  2. wizardsr

wizardsr PlowSite.com Addict

At the risk of being wrong, I think they're the same. As far as I know, all the 88-98 1/2 ton frame and sheet metal were the same.
  3. kdxmudrider

from mass

yeah thats what i was thinking too, might just have to make up some brackets for the pto and possibly another pulley
  4. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Good luck, especially if your new truck has A/C. Fisher did produce an engine driven pump for the Vortec, I don't know if you can still buy them new, or locate them used. The pump used a remote reservoir.

BTW, if the plow on the 89 was not a Minute Mount, it's illegal to install it on the 96...........
  5. kdxmudrider

from mass

looks like im into more than i thought
  6. plowin-thru

plowin-thru Junior Member

buy an ultramount
  7. Tracy89

Tracy89 Senior Member
    from Maine

The frames are the same on from 88 to 98 like said above the only difference that you are going to run into is in 95 they moved the washer fluid tank from the fire wall on the passenger side to the driver side fender. A little difficult to mount the valve body under the hood but if you get creative then all should work for you...