1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

89 Ram EZ Mount Question

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by jjklongisland, Nov 17, 2006.

1. jjklongisland

jjklongisland Senior Member

I just hooked up my EZ-Mount classic lower frame (mounting carton) to my truck and I can't believe how low they sit. I have only 6 inches ground clearance without the plow on and I have 33" tires. Is this normal? My truck is now useless off-road. Does anyone have a conventional mount (not the ez-mount) on their older Dodge. Does it hang as low as the EZ Mount carton? What is the ground clearance? Thanks
  2. ght1098

ght1098 Member

My old Dodge had the conv mount and it seems that it sat pretty low 6 or 8 inches... It is at the correct height when the "A" frame is level to the ground.
  3. jjklongisland

jjklongisland Senior Member

I appreciate the info but if someone could take an exact measurement of the ground clearance of a conventional frame (from the lowest part of the frame to the ground without the plow on I would greatly appreciate it; for a late 80's dodge Ram W-250 of-coarse... thanks I want to know if its worth it for me to sell my EZ-mount classic mounting carton that I just bought for $375 used and replace it for a conventional mounting system. If I only get an extra half inch it might not be worth it, and I would have to live with the ez-mount set up...