1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

89 k1500 will not start sometimes

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Dread Locked, Dec 20, 2005.

1. Dread Locked

Dread Locked Junior Member

I have a 1989 Chevy k1500 with 5.7. when i go to start it (on a normal day) it usually starts right up may idle a little rough, but clears up in about 45- 60 sec. The more the truck sits the harder it is to start (some times). When i pull the plugs only the 4 fire wall side plugs are very wet. and the front ones are pretty much dry. it seams so irregular when it happens, I've replaced the cap and rotor and plugs (broke on off when checking it) figured i throw the 22 dollars at it.
    So if you have any ideas on what i can do i really need some help

2. Dread Locked

Dread Locked Junior Member

update

just looked down the tbi, its like lake michigan in htere dont know if thats normal its sitting with the tbi wide open and the batt disconnected right now air it out and clear the ecu

3. douglasl330

douglasl330 Senior Member

Sounds like you may have a bad TPS -throttle position switch.--If you have an ohm metere you may be able to check it--it is on the side of the throttle body