1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

'89 F350 Dump Overhaul

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by paponte, Jan 13, 2006.

1. paponte

paponte Senior Member

Bought this truck late summer as a nice project truck. Guys thought I was nuts when I bought her in the yard. A little time and work, and she's a nice addition to the fleet. Just have a couple of touching up and finishing touches to do

The junk truck:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

After some bodywork and paint;

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. paponte

paponte Senior Member

Had a buddy swing the motor, put new emissions, manifolds and a dual cat exhaust. Some stickers and tape and here she is: :cool:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Cutting Edge Kid

Cutting Edge Kid Senior Member

Excellent work!:salute:

4. Keith_480231

Keith_480231 Senior Member

For some reason I cannot view the pictures???? All it says is images are hosted by tri-pod. Bought a 1991 F-Super Duty this past year and am thing about refurbishing that instead of buying a newer/used dump. Bought it from the City of Beverly Hills Mi. at auction and it has the last year for the International Harvester engine. Has a 3yd yard box. Quick question though does anyone thing I can stretch it and install tow truck springs and be able to carry more wight in the box???? Didn't mean to try and steal the thread but love those "old" Fords and couldn't resist.Good choice in trucks bud good luck with the project.:nod:

5. Mowerpan

Mowerpan Senior Member

His pictures are on a website that doesn't support direct linking to pictures. He needs to create a page and put all the pictures on it and give us the link to the page. Otherwise find another host.

6. paponte

paponte Senior Member

Here We'll try this another way. Here's the before pics:

before1.jpg

before2.jpg

7. paponte

paponte Senior Member

Here's the during, and almost finished pics:

after1.jpg

after2.jpg

finished1.jpg

finished2.jpg

8. imdawrlus

imdawrlus Member

are you sure thats the same truck????? lookin good!!!

9. columbiaplower

columbiaplower Senior Member

GREAT JOB, like the matching paint on the plow

10. lawnmedic

lawnmedic Senior Member

Old grill on older truck. Newer grill on last pictures...

11. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

Nice, nice job. Love the green matching plow!

12. nepmgmt

nepmgmt Member

looks really good

13. echovalley

echovalley Senior Member
    from CT

Yeah I noticed that to The blue dump is 87-90 the painted one is 92 and up?Did you put a updated clip on it ?

14. NJ Plowman

NJ Plowman Senior Member

The nose is different, the doors/mirrors are different, interesting.....:nono:

15. KingDuramax

KingDuramax Senior Member

I have seen the newer noses put on these trucks. A nice update in my opinion. I have also seen them on the 86 bodystyle too.

Nice job on the truck.

16. paponte

paponte Senior Member

Amazing how people make such bold statements, with such little knowledge.

Anyway, the nose and doors are off of a '95 or '97 Bronco... not exact on the year. Had to swap the whole radiator support in order to pull that one off. Other than bolting that up, everything lines up no problems. Junkyard guys said it couldn't be done! With the updated doors, I now have power locks and windows... a definite plus. The mirror brackets are the same, just replaced the glass on them. On paper... she is still an '89. :cool:

17. Jim Prill

Jim Prill Member
    from Zion Il

Nice looking truck!!! Its nice too see someone rescue an old truck from near death and see the potential too turn it into somthing great again.

18. ksland

ksland Senior Member
    from ma

Looks nice, yea I have done the nose swap before too. They don't give those noses away at salvage yards either, because it can make an old model truck look 10 years newer.

I did a similar truck...

All new doors, fenders, hood, sandblasted any cab rust, new mirrors, chrome inserts. I did it because the truck was an automatic with a new gm goodwrench 350 and power up/down body.

I sold it for $4700 more than I paid for it after $1200 in parts and 4 days labor.

dumo.jpg

19. ksland

ksland Senior Member
    from ma

After - day before it sold

truckafter (Small).jpg

20. paponte

paponte Senior Member

Nice job! Yeah, I found a private guy that had a Bronco that he blew the motor on. Guy told me "give me $400 and take whatever you want" so thats exactly what I did. :cool: