1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

89 f350 460 exhaust

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by cclandscape 28, Jun 9, 2010.

1. cclandscape 28

cclandscape 28 Member
    from CT

Hey guys my stock exhaust has finally seen its day . I was wondering if any of you guys put any performance exhaust on a 460 mason dump. Iam looking to not make it loud Just free up a bit more power and Make the truck perform better. Any input would be great
  2. linckeil

linckeil PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

run a single 3 inch exhaust with one flowmaster 70 series muffler. truck will sound more healthy, but will not be loud. people think flowmaster = loud... not with the 70 series. adding just the muffler you won't notice any power gains, but it will breathe easier. add some good headers and a high flow cat along with the 70 series and you will notice a bit more power and slightly better fuel economy.

i'm running FMS stainless shorty headers, a bassani stainless 3" Y pipe with high flow cat, to a flowmaster 70 series 3" single inlet, single outlet, to a 3" tailpipe. my truck is a 96 F350. it has the 351, but the same setup would be great on your 460 - obviously you'd need different headers on your 460 than i have on my 351, but i don't know if you're looking to replace everything in your system.