1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

89 f250 man hubs exploded view

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by fernalddude, Sep 6, 2008.

1. fernalddude

fernalddude PlowSite.com Addict

Hey guys need some help got a 89 f250 460 auto w/man hubs. Rebuilding the drive train from front to back for snow plowing this season. Got this rig over the summer and its got some time on it and its been a pain to remove most of the parts (low maint from prev owner) I need a exploded view of the man hubs. Iam got the front end almost done just got the springs to remove then its time to rebuild.I have 4 BII's that we rebuild every couple of years so we have all the tools and knowledge just cant find the pic so any help would be great Thanks Eric......

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Think this is the only digital image I have...is it enough? Not much to the locking hubs...

Last edited: Oct 12, 2008
  3. fernalddude

I got this one for the auto hubs but it does not show the springs and internal stuff

AutoHubExploded.jpg

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

So thats the specific part you need to know...the assembly of the internal toothed clutch ring and the spring?

5. fernalddude

Yep thats correct need the guts

6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

If you can post some clear close up pix of the components I can walk you thru it...or via email if its easier for you.

7. fernalddude

That would be great will take some pics this week and send them thanks a bunch :bluebounc

8. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Gotta help keep those old Fords alive too. :)

9. fernalddude

Got the springs back today with a extra leaf for 1300 lbs more weight so should be good to go will start on the rebuild this weekend everything sandblasted and painted so much better to start with clean parts:waving:

10. fernalddude

Ok got the parts laid out in order as I think they should go back in.1,2,3,4 easy 5 goes in next but 6 has a grove cut in like a snap ring and the gears are not on center than 7 spring 8 steel ring 9 plastic 10 lock nut for outside wheel bearing and the end of 12 2 snaps on end of 13. Hope that make sense. :dizzy:

front hub 250 (Medium).JPG

11. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Your orientation is somewhat close but not 100%.

Email or PM me your email address fernald, and I'll sent you a pic or two.

12. fernalddude

check Mail.......

13. fernalddude

OK guys its all back together with all new parts plus a extra 1300 lbs lift and B&B's help he found the view I needed so THANK'S So much for that help Eric....

Copy of Copy of 41923062.jpg