1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

89 Dodge Ram W-250 with Meyer E-60 Problem

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by jjklongisland, Dec 13, 2006.

1. jjklongisland

jjklongisland Senior Member

Has anyone ever tried using an a Meyer E-60H with a conventional mount on a late 80's to pre 94 Dodge Ram. I mounted it and when I raise the plow the pump pivots into my grille. It puts pressure on the grill and will definately snap it once the real cold hits. The only option I think I have is to remove a section from my grille to allow for the monster pump. Any suggestions would be great. Obviously I could switch to an E-47 but I have an 8 footer and I have always wanted an E-60. If it was just a beat up plow truck I wouldn't care but it is my spare vehicle and still is in pretty decent shape. Thanks

2. StorksAuto

StorksAuto Senior Member

Ok well one common fix is to mount the E-60 backwords. Another is the Newest Meyer lift arms have a 4th hole in the very front to move the pump out more. I also have some longer lift arms that they made for the H pumps years ago. Any of these Ideas should move it out enough to save your grille

3. jjklongisland

Thanks Jeen, Its funny I got everything mounted working and to the Town for inspection, I just didn't want to lift the plow up to high cause I thought I would destroy my grill. I am gonna try the "backwards pump"... That thought never came to mind but it seems like an alternative. One question I have is if I left the pump in its normal position, and used the newer Meyer lift arm with the 4th whole, wouldn't a decrease in leverage occur. I thought of maybe a longer arm but was afraid that if it was lifting an 8 foot meyer blade it would struggle. Thanks for your help...

4. StorksAuto

StorksAuto Senior Member

No actualy the further out you have the pump on the arm the more leverage you will have. It will slow the speed down but not enough to matter cause it will have more lifting power.

5. jjklongisland

Yes, you are correct i understand... thanks...

6. jjklongisland

My buddy helped me cut and weld the mount where the pump mounts. Actually he did it and I watched. It works perfect now and clears my grill... all good now

7. Metro Lawn

Metro Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

We have several, and have never had this issue.

brown13ad.jpg

Last edited: Dec 19, 2006
  8. jjklongisland

Yeah I dont know why my Dodge gave me a problem but it did. Storks auto said they are somewhat common. When fully lifted the pump hits my grille and pushes it in about 2 inches. The grill is plastic and has give but once it gets cold out I am afraid its gonna snap. All this work and aggravation getting this truck ready, 1st the ez mount classic i ordered only gave me about 5 inches ground clearance, i returned that and ordered a conventional mount which DHL lost and I finally get the new one and then I go to put the pump on and it interferes with my grill... and all for 50 degree weather in december and no snow. Last year this time we allready had 11 inches...